2. Spider-Man: Far From Home - 7,3
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 7,2
  4. Spider-Man - 6,7
  5. Spider-Man 2 - 6,7
  6. The Amazing Spider-Man - 6,7
  7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6,7
  8. Spider-Man 3 - 6,6
  • Like 2

I've got some news regarding Matrix: Resurrections presales. According to my source, they are on par with Dune's presales. However due to the new capacity limitations, holiday weekend (closed cinemas on Christmas Eve) the expectations for the OW are significantly lower than in case of Dune (234k admissions).

BTW, today Dune has surpassed 1M admissions. It's the second* film after No Time To Die to reach this threshold in 2021.

*actually it's the third film because there is also Paw Patrol The Movie which reached 1M admissions some time ago but the distributor hasn't been disclosing any exact numbers or reporting to boxoffice.pl for the past two years, and therefore this movie (and other UIP distributed movies) is not included in any official charts.

Edited by StarLord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2021 at 10:54 PM, StarLord said:

I've got some news regarding Matrix: Resurrections presales. According to my source, they are on par with Dune's presales. However due to the new capacity limitations, holiday weekend (closed cinemas on Christmas Eve) the expectations for the OW are significantly lower than in case of Dune (234k admissions).

BTW, today Dune has surpassed 1M admissions. It's the second* film after No Time To Die to reach this threshold in 2021.

*actually it's the third film because there is also Paw Patrol The Movie which reached 1M admissions some time ago but the distributor hasn't been disclosing any exact numbers or reporting to boxoffice.pl for the past two years, and therefore this movie (and other UIP distributed movies) is not included in any official charts.

Did you follow presales for NTTD or it was walk-in huge only?

On 12/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, Pypa94 said:

FIRST WOM!

wom-sm-nwh.pngwom2sm-nwh.png

UPDATED WOM! Still amazing, holding highest CBM and 3rd highest overall (= with Green Mile, behind The Shawshank Redemption and Intouchables) on filmweb.pl (sic!)

wom3sm-nwh.png

Great score on 2nd biggest chain too! (usually a bit higher score than on filmweb.pl)

Edited by Pypa94
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pypa94 said:

Did you follow presales for NTTD or it was walk-in huge only?

It didn't follow presales for NTTD. However, two days ago I've also been informed that one day before release NTTD did 48k in presales in Helios only. ;)

So it was much more walk-in heavy than No Way Home, which did 70k in Helios at the same point before release. But I would expect it to be less presales heavy than MCU or Star Wars flicks.

Edited by StarLord

They have already published data regarding a lot of countries but not Poland.. 😒

Cinemas in Eastern Europe earned $26.9 million, led by a $17.4 million bow in Russia and followed by strong results in the Ukraine ($2.4M) and Turkey ($1.4M).

https://www.boxofficepro.com/spider-man-no-way-home-swings-into-theaters-with-587m-global-debut-from-61-markets/

3 hours ago, StarLord said:

They have already published data regarding a lot of countries but not Poland.. 😒

Cinemas in Eastern Europe earned $26.9 million, led by a $17.4 million bow in Russia and followed by strong results in the Ukraine ($2.4M) and Turkey ($1.4M).

https://www.boxofficepro.com/spider-man-no-way-home-swings-into-theaters-with-587m-global-debut-from-61-markets/

As you mentioned before because of UIP distribution maybe they don't have access to numbers if compamy itself don't publish them. Or what happen sometimes before, numbers are known a bit later and they will be available with tomorrow update :) 

Hope for $2,5M (yes, more than NTTD - it's big everywhere we need you Poland too) although more kids-oriented movie like NWH propably would have lower ATP (but big formats and 4DX can as well lift up ATP)

• Like 2

NWH beat OW of NTTD as #1 OW of a year!!!

biggest pandemic OW as well

450k adm is #25 best OW ever (only EG opened higher among CBM

That should be around $2,5M, we'll see ATP though

Go big, or go home! 

Now first big goal - 1,5M adm anything above will be awesome :)

Edited by Pypa94
  • Like 5

TOP BOND (after 1989) adm

1. Spectre – 1 764 186
  2. Skyfall – 1 676 373 
  3. No Time to Die – ca. 1 631 00

TOP CBM adm

1. Joker - 1 954 335
  2. Avengers: Endgame - 1 880 080
  3. Avengers: Infinity War - 1 225 200

So trend of popularity between Bond series and CBM changed a bit.

With recent years (or should I say in 2019) CBM overcome Bond's movies. I hope NWH can hold this too and distance NTTD in 2021 as well :) 

Great WOM and Christmas ahead should work awesome for NWH.

Let's see legs with that OW of 450k:

• Worst scenario: Captain America: Civil War x2,98 - 1,341M
  • Bad scenario: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 x3,01 - 1,354M
  • Ok-ish scenario: Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug x3,15 - 1,417M
  • Expected at least scenario: Captain Marvel x3,33 - 1,498M
  • My expected at least scenario: Spider-Man: Far From Home x3,43 - 1,543M
  • Good scenario: Deadpool 2 x3,67 - 1,651M 
  • Better scenario: Star Wars The Force Awakens x3,79 - 1,705M
  • The best I can normally imagine scenario: Rouge One. A Star Wars Story x4,08 - 1,836M
  • Top CBM scenario - bit over The Dark Knight Rises x4,35 - 1,957M
  • Overperforming my best scenario because of WOM : Avengers: Infinity War x4,52 - 2,034M
  • WOM kicking as f*** and help from GA - from Aquaman to Joker x6,90-x7,20 - 3,105-3,240M :D :D :D 
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, StarLord said:

I'd say $2,1-2,2M

I've checked ATP of FFH and it was $5,22 back in July 2019 and now USD is 8% stronger so ATP will be close to $4,81 which give us $2,17M.

The same breakdown for EG is ATP at $5,74 back in April 2019 and now USD is 6,5% stronger so ATP will be close to $5,37 which give us $2,41M

But NTTD has ATP $5,05 and I don't see NHW bigger than that. My $2,5M was too optimistic :D 

• Like 3

http://sporwkinie.blogspot.com/2020/02/pisf-tworzy-box-office-sa-druki-jest.html

Due to this new law (well it's over year now) I send an email to PISF (Polish Film Institute) with a question if numbers will be or maybe are already available to common people (as Krzysztof Spór speculated in linked source) but they gave an answer that new law obligate to collect data but it don't give them power to publish them. 

So no revolution, boxoffice.pl still has monopoly on publishing numbers but UIP doesn't have to send them numbers, although through cinemas PISF has UIP movies numbers but PISF can't publish them 😜 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 8:10 PM, Pypa94 said:

UPDATED WOM! Still amazing, holding highest CBM and 3rd highest overall (= with Green Mile, behind The Shawshank Redemption and Intouchables) on filmweb.pl (sic!)

wom3sm-nwh.png

Great score on 2nd biggest chain too! (usually a bit higher score than on filmweb.pl)

wom4sm-nwh.png

WOM is still amazing!

Hope for good legs :) Christmas-New Year period is normally busy (of course Friday is Christmas Eve - pretty dead day in cinemas but hope for good rebound on Sat and Sun)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

On 12/21/2021 at 1:14 AM, Pypa94 said:

wom4sm-nwh.png

WOM is still amazing!

Hope for good legs :) Christmas-New Year period is normally busy (of course Friday is Christmas Eve - pretty dead day in cinemas but hope for good rebound on Sat and Sun)

wom5sm-nwh.png

WOM still awesome :) I can see it over IW final for sure, idk about over Joker (on filmweb.pl first on top)

The last one is very popular website with news and reviews from games, comics, tv series. movies, tv shows etc. (naekranie.pl) 

I'll try to find which movie is best there.

• Like 1