Eric the Marxist

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 | December 20, 2024

I'm unsure on Tuesday only because Transformers tickets go on sale that day. Can imagine Paramount not wanting attention away from TFO and just have the trailer Wednesday.

29 minutes ago, YM! said:

I'm unsure on Tuesday only because Transformers tickets go on sale that day. Can imagine Paramount not wanting attention away from TFO and just have the trailer Wednesday.

Yeah, about that…

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

41 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I wonder why they waited so long to put out the first trailer? Probably didn't want to be overshadowed by IO2 phenomenon. The IO2 hype has finally started to slow down. 

Given that we were originally supposed to get a teaser with IF in May before it got delayed, I'm going to assume the strikes led to post-production being down to the wire and a trailer not being able to be prepared in time for that. That'd explain why we're only now getting our first look. I also think Paramount wanted to hold back on marketing because of the unstable financial environment the Skydance drama created. They might've decided to wait and see how that played out before playing their next card. Thankfully with the recent news of Bronfman dropping out, it appears to be over for now.

• Like 1

OH SHIT THEY ARE ACTUALLY GONNA KILL THE KID! THICC EGGMAN! DADDY ROBOTNIK! 

Forgive me, I'm going to be annoying about this for a minute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So far, Keanu isn't beating the internet gag casting allegations with this voicework but it's only a handful of seconds and the visuals (HIM RUNNING AT THE CAMERA!) actually look great.

Also surprised that Shadow's story seems to be more accurate to SA2B than Sonic's, but there's been a not so subtle thread of "Sonic is on the side of the cops and military" in the first 2 so why expect differently.

• Like 1