Eric Duncan

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 | December 20, 2024

Wonder if they'll go all the way and have stuff like 

Spoiler

Gerald Robotnik getting executed via firing squad or Maria's death.

also pls, at least one crush 40 song, i beg of you paramount

even just reusing live and learn would make me happy

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

21st Anniversary of Sonic Adventure 2, aka,

Spoiler

Shadow's debut game.

Perfect day to throw fans a bone in some capacity, be it another shot of him orrrrrrr a casting announcement (Way too early but we can hope).

Edited by Morieris

25 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Hide contents

Shadow's debut game.

Perfect day to throw fans a bone in some capacity, be it another shot of him orrrrrrr a casting announcement (Way too early but we can hope).

The movie doesn't even have a release date yet. The writers mentioned a couple of weeks back that they were aiming for a 2024 release though. We'll see what happens. Hopefully we get a proper release date later this year.

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

Reveal hidden contents

We didn't get casting for Knuckles until well after they finished shooting the second film. Doubt we're getting

Spoiler

Shadow

casting without even a finished script yet.

Edited by cookie

I imagine they will write 2 scripts, one with Eggman (Carrey) and one without him.

Not sure why Carrey wouldn't sign on? Seems like an easy paycheck.

Sonic = Mainly original story

Sonic 2 = Sonic 2 + Sonic 3

Sonic 3 = Sonic Adventure 2

We will soon live in a world with a Sonic film trilogy. Not even a freaking global pandemic which brought down so many movies was able to stop the Sonic films. Illumination better not screw up Mario next year!

Edited by Mojoguy

29 minutes ago, p a p i said:

Probably releasing in 2024? Seems likely. The 1st released in February and the 2nd on April. So there's no pattern. I think they should go for the summer honestly. Maybe June. 

If they just started developing the story and script, then I'm thinking late 2024 at best. They might just add an additional year to the development cycle and release it in February 2025 if they can't fit it into 2024. I'd prefer if they take their time, especially since they don't have Jim Carrey to rely on this time. They need to get Shadow right.

On 3/24/2022 at 11:00 AM, YM! said:

I got a gut feeling that it’ll be fast tracked to the 7/19/24 spot as Animated Transformers is pushed to the mid August slot for 2024 Paramount likes.

Paramount must believe in it, as I thought for sure it was replacing Transformers in July. Going head to head with Avatar 3, hoping to be the second choice for the GA.

Guessing Smurfs Musical goes to 2025 now? As Smurfs was originally supposed to go to that spot. Also what of the animated Avatar movie?

Just now, David Zaslav XXR said:

Counter-programming to Avatar 3. Curious if this will move should A2 explode. 

Think it would do well mid November on the pre-Thanksgiving slot if needed or if to dangerous, they could open a week before or move it to the Wednesday but I think it’ll coexist.

2 minutes ago, David Zaslav XXR said:

Counter-programming to Avatar 3. Curious if this will move should A2 explode. 

Let it stay. Sonic Fanboys vs. Cameronites will be the most insane battle this forum will have ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Eric the Extra-Terrestrial said:

Let it stay. Sonic Fanboys vs. Cameronites will be the most insane battle this forum will have ever seen.

Tbh I thought Paramount was going to do an Avatar vs Avatar battle in Christmas of 2024 beforehand lol.