Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Agree.Also, TASM should be neck to neck with TA.

Yeah, and Spiderman will have 3D compared to TDKR.I'm happy about The Avengers in Russia, the country confirms it's blockbuster-loving country,Juni and Rudolf were too much pessimistic.Forward $40m!!!

Do you have news about TA in Russia? Do we have to wait monday?

A friend of mine told me that The Avengers dropped on Friday. Maybe up to 20%. Not so good actually. It could have stayed flat at least. But this is not official obviously. Nothing official till Thursday or Friday. Only more or less rough estimates.

First day in wide release datafor Russiais relatively new: 182 m RUB, $ 6.2 m, John Carter125 m RUB, $ 4.2 m, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides114 m RUB, $ 3.9 m, Avatar110 m RUB, $ 3.7 m, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Part 2110 m RUB, $ 3.7 m, Ghostrider 2103 m RUB, $ 3.5 m, Transformers 3100 m RUB, $ 3.4 m, The Avengers99 m RUB, $ 3.4 m, The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 189 m RUB, $ 3.0 m, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince70 m RUB, $ 2.4 m, Wrath Of The Titans69 m RUB, $ 2.3 m, The Inhabted island(Rus)67 m RUB, $ 2.3 m, The Fast and the Furious 561 m RUB, $ 2.1 m, Battleship56 m RUB, $ 1.9 m, Final Destination 555 m RUB, $ 1.9 m, Cars 255 m RUB, $ 1.9 m, Vystsky(Rus)55 m RUB, $ 1.9 m, Kung Fu Panda 250 m RUB, $ 1.7 m, August 8th(Rus)46 m RUB, $ 1.6 m, Immortals45 m RUB, $ 1.5 m, Puss in Boots39 m RUB, $ 1.3 m, Bad Teacher38 m RUB, $ 1.3 m, Real Steel36 m RUB, $ 1.2 m, Conan33 m RUB, $ 1.1 m, The Hungger Games31 m RUB, $ 1.1 m, The Hangover 230 m RUB, $ 1.0 m, Rise of the Planet of the Apes30 m RUB, $ 1.0 m, Trees 2(Rus)30 m RUB, $ 1.0 m, Shadowboxing(Rus)30 m RUB, $ 1.0 m, Due Date29 m RUB, $ 1.0 m, The Best Film 3(Rus)26 m RUB, $ 0.9 m, Sex and the City 226 m RUB, $ 0.9 m, The Smurfs26 m RUB, $ 0.9 m, Captain America

So The Avengers = third biggest OD in Russia, not bad at all for a SH movie :)

According to your numbers we'd have :Thursday : $3.4mFriday : $2.8Saturday : $3.9m= $10.1mSo we will have $14m-$15m OW, the same as Wrath of Titans with one more working day.I'm sure the OW of John Carter would be beaten in a normal weekend.

Edited by Fullbuster

According to your numbers we'd have :

Thursday : $3.4m

Friday : $2.8

Saturday : $3.9m

= $10.1m

So we will have $14m-$15m OW, the same as Wrath of Titans with one more working day.I'm sure the OW of John Carter would be beaten in a normal weekend.

Yes, and don't forget John Carter opened on March, 8. Three days ouf of four people were free from work. And the Avengers should gross at least the same amount Monday-Wednesday, most likely more. $15-15.5m OW still looks pretty good. Edited by juni78ukr

It is a Marvelous (pun intended) result, but no record in any way. Does that mean that Russians have embraced SH movies now or do they see TA as something else?

Edited by Rudolf