Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Yeah I know, sadly the crisis is so deep you will need 10 or 15 years to come back to normal :(..Good luck Spanish people :)About the Russian BO it will continue to rise, in the future it will pass Japan and France, so it could become the highest BO behind USA and China, big :o

Well, I hope it doesn't take so long. Anyway, thank you :)Third market?? really?? ahead of Japan or UK?? Incredible

Russian film market is rapidly increasing in recent years! Only the sky is the limit!

Given the demographic problems in the last 20 years this growth will slow you can be sure of it, the admissions growth will stop its growth, but now, we can expect 10-15 years of high growth :) Enough to be one of the leaders in BO, and an essential market for Hollywood :)

Russian market is already ahead of UK, it could pass Japan in 5 years :)

Is it already ahead of UK :blink:? I didn't know it. What do you see there for TASM and TDKR? I have seen Spiderman 3 did 13.8 million and TDK did 8.5

Is it already ahead of UK :blink:? I didn't know it. What do you see there for TASM and TDKR? I have seen Spiderman 3 did 13.8 million and TDK did 8.5

Yeah, Russia passed UK and Germany last year :)For TASM and TDKR you shouldn't compare with SM3 and TDK, the market grew so much since the release of these movies,you will understand in viewing these numbers :-Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (2006) : $27.5 million-Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (2007) : $30.8 million-Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (2011) : $63.7 million-Transformers (2007) : $15.1 million-Transformers 2 (2009) : $18.2 million-Transformers 3 (2011) : $45.1 million-Twilight New Moon (2009) : $18.6 million-Twilight Eclipse (2010) : $26.4 million-Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011) : $31.8 millionIt's impressive, isn't it?For TASM I expect $40m, for TDK I expect $35m. :) But the movie of the summer there will certainly be Ice Age 4 :)

Yeah, Russia passed UK and Germany last year :)For TASM and TDKR you shouldn't compare with SM3 and TDK, the market grew so much since the release of these movies,you will understand in viewing these numbers :-Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (2006) : $27.5 million-Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (2007) : $30.8 million-Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (2011) : $63.7 million-Transformers (2007) : $15.1 million-Transformers 2 (2009) : $18.2 million-Transformers 3 (2011) : $45.1 million-Twilight New Moon (2009) : $18.6 million-Twilight Eclipse (2010) : $26.4 million-Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011) : $31.8 millionIt's impressive, isn't it?For TASM I expect $40m, for TDK I expect $35m. :) But the movie of the summer there will certainly be Ice Age 4 :)

I'm conscious that grosses have risen a lot. I just wanted to know if both movies would be at the same level than TA (40s). And I know too that both summer animated movies, Ice Age and Madagascar, will make enormous numbers, over any other movie in the year.I like to follow numbers in every country in the world, but lately, I'm obviously more interested in these growing markets (China, Russia, Brazil or Mexico). I want to find patterns in order to predict some OS numbers. For that reason, and finally, what do you see for The Hobbit? ROTK already did 14 million and I think Russia loves 3D. I have read predictions of 60 million.

I'm conscious that grosses have risen a lot. I just wanted to know if both movies would be at the same level than TA (40s). And I know too that both summer animated movies, Ice Age and Madagascar, will make enormous numbers, over any other movie in the year.I like to follow numbers in every country in the world, but lately, I'm obviously more interested in these growing markets (China, Russia, Brazil or Mexico). I want to find patterns in order to predict some OS numbers. For that reason, and finally, what do you see for The Hobbit? ROTK already did 14 million and I think Russia loves 3D. I have read predictions of 60 million.

The Hobbit could compete with Ice Age 4 and Madagascar 3,Russians love this kind of movie, and $14m for a movie in 2003 in Russia is HUGE, and the market is much bigger now, $80m-$90m is possible, clearly :o

The Hobbit could compete with Ice Age 4 and Madagascar 3,Russians love this kind of movie, and $14m for a movie in 2003 in Russia is HUGE, and the market is much bigger now, $80m-$90m is possible, clearly :o

:blink: Then we have already two markets where TH can double TA grosses :D Edited by peludo

What is the other one?

Spain, of course :). I will compare ROTK with Avatar for 3D prices and similar release dates. Avatar had 9 million admissions and made 110 million (ratio 1.4 dollar-euro). ROTK, with 6.8 million admissions grossed nearly 40m $ in 2003. If we take the same price than Avatar and we adjust with the actual exchange rate (1.25 dollars for euro), ROTK would have done today about 70-75 million. Even with crisis or an admissions drop, it's difficult to see TH making less than 50 million here. Spain adores LOTR trilogy. Having into account that TA is in trouble to get 20 million here, I think TH will, at least, double TA in Spain. Edited by peludo