Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Where do the Potter films rank in admissions?

HP DH2 had around 4,600,000 admissions (and $36m), so it's probably in the top 25 of admissions.I don't know for the previous movies but they were well below HP DH2 Edited by Fullbuster

but they made a lot of money with them

Always was too much disgusted to touch them. But book sales were definitely very good. I guess it's a sort of our russian patriotism. To get a local product even it's a blatant plagiarism. And even it totally suck. Unfortunately for now that doesnt work with movies.

Always was too much disgusted to touch them. But book sales were definitely very good. I guess it's a sort of our russian patriotism. To get a local product even it's a blatant plagiarism. And even it totally suck. Unfortunately for now that doesnt work with movies.

never read them eitherbut I remember seeing interviews with Russian kids, where they explained why the Russian versions were much better than the originalsGerman kids were different:When a new HP came out (only in English first),they organized the translation using the Internet (not legal of course). You could see, how they tried to be consistent with the translation of a certain wizardry-vocabulary (cauldron, wand, curse,..) Not only did they learn to read, but they improved their English as well. Needless to say that the German version of HP was distributed over the Internet long before it hit book-stores Edited by Rudolf

never read them eitherbut I remember seeing interviews with Russian kids, where they explained why the Russian versions were much better than the originalsGerman kids were different:When a new HP came out (only in English first),they organized the translation using the Internet (not legal of course). You could see, how they tried to be consistent with the translation of a certain wizardry-vocabulary (cauldron, wand, curse,..) Not only did they learn to read, but they improved their English as well. Needless to say that the German version of HP was distributed over the Internet long before it hit book-stores

Official russian translation of HP books for a long time were considered outrageously bad. Of course most of the kids had no clue about it. But still writing looked rather poor compared to original.

Official russian translation of HP books for a long time were considered outrageously bad. Of course most of the kids had no clue about it. But still writing looked rather poor compared to original.

I think a lot of German kids 10+ read HP in English. The German versions of the kids were not realy good either, but just consider the efford they put into that project :mellow: