Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Only 1 Russian movie in the top 10; as long as they can pay with gaz no problem for them.

In 2 years this top 10 could be 100% Hollywood. Given the growth of this market more movies will be able to pass it :The HobbitIron Man 3Monsters UniversityThe Hobbit 2The Hunger Games Catching FireTransformers 4Thor 2Pacific RimThe Amazing Spiderman 2And probably some surprises :)

So 60 million+ for The Hobbit is the consensus or is it the best case scenario? I didn't see any LOTR movies on the Top 12 list posted on the last page. Are the LOTR movies very popular in Russia ?

No, the best case scenario is something like $100m+, $60m is certainly sure to happen, under 60m would be very disappointing.LOTR movies are very popular in Russia, they didn't gross much at that time only because the Russian market was terribly small, almost irrelevant, smaller than Belgium and Switzerland. But the market grew so strongly these last 10 years it's now one of the world's biggest market, so it changes everything.This is the gross of LOTR movies in Russia :-Lord of the Rings 1 (2001) : $7.2 million-LOTR 2 (2002) : $8.9 million-LOTR 3 (2003) : $12.1 millionSo, with a much bigger market + 3D + IMAX + 2000+ screens we can expect BIG things.I expect $75m-80m.And I expect the all-time OW record there.Come there guys for its Russian release, that will be huge :P
  • Like 1

No, the best case scenario is something like $100m+, $60m is certainly sure to happen, under 60m would be very disappointing.LOTR movies are very popular in Russia, they didn't gross much at that time only because the Russian market was terribly small, almost irrelevant, smaller than Belgium and Switzerland. But the market grew so strongly these last 10 years it's now one of the world's biggest market, so it changes everything.This is the gross of LOTR movies in Russia :-Lord of the Rings 1 (2001) : $7.2 million-LOTR 2 (2002) : $8.9 million-LOTR 3 (2003) : $12.1 millionSo, with a much bigger market + 3D + IMAX + 2000+ screens we can expect BIG things.I expect $75m-80m.And I expect the all-time OW record there.Come there guys for its Russian release, that will be huge :P

I like to see the growth of Russian market looking at POTC franchise. POTC1 did 9 million in 2003 and POTC4 did 63 million last year. 7 times higher in 8 years (at least POTC franchise). I think that is a good reference.
  • Like 1

So 60 million+ for The Hobbit is the consensus or is it the best case scenario? I didn't see any LOTR movies on the Top 12 list posted on the last page. Are the LOTR movies very popular in Russia ?

LotR got medium love from Russia, but still more than from North AmericaRotK would have made 397.7 theoretically.
  • Like 1

I like to see the growth of Russian market looking at POTC franchise. POTC1 did 9 million in 2003 and POTC4 did 63 million last year. 7 times higher in 8 years (at least POTC franchise). I think that is a good reference.

Agree :D And POTC4 didn't enjoy great reviews, if The Hobbit has good reviews that will help it more.So with a POTC refrence + 2012 growth in ticket prices + more screens than POTC4 we can expect between 80m and 96m.

I remember all three LoTR movies were released here in late January. Not in December.By that time almost anyone could buy pirated copies on streets. A friend of mine bought TTT long before official release. The quality was truly awful and translation often made no sense.Somehow i missed Fellowship of The Ring in theaters. But I saw the other two like 3 or 4 times each.

Edited by juni78ukr

I remember all three LoTR movies were released here in late January. Not in December.By that time almost anyone could buy pirated copies on streets. A friend of mine bought TTT long before official release. The quality was truly awful and translation often made no sense.Somehow i missed Fellowship of The Ring in theaters. But I saw the other two like 3 or 4 times each.

And what do you expect for The Hobbit? That would be interesting to have an opinion from someone living in the area. :)

so no comparison with Harry Potter? Edited by Rudolf

In 2004, ROTK grossed a 79% more than HP3. Last year, DH2 grossed 36.8 million. A 79% more of that number is 66 million.

Don't forget the market grew from last year, so you can up your number : 70m :P or 70 mil de millones si tù prefieres :P Edited by Fullbuster

Don't forget the market grew from last year, so you can up your number : 70m :P or 70 mil de millones si tù prefieres :P

I prefer to be cautious and be able to be surprised.70 mil millones (without "de") is the same than 70 billion ;). Use just 70 millones.Good Spanish, perfect verbal form. Many not Spanish people (and some Spaniards too) find very hard conjugating verbs in Spanish. Edited by peludo

I prefer to be cautious and be able to be surprised.

70 mil millones (without "de") is the same than 70 billion ;). Use just 70 millones.

Good Spanish, perfect verbal form. Many not Spanish people (and some Spaniards too) find very hard conjugating verbs in Spanish.

Oh yes I know, I'm just tired z_z It's shameful given my Spanish level :(

About conjugating verbs yeah it's not easy, but it' not hard because in French we have the same kind of conjugation, it's very similar :)

In another way Russian grammar is just terrible :/

Edited by Fullbuster