Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

And what gross do you expect for this Russian movie?

480 mln RUB since December, 27. Around $15.67m in 8 days. Could be the second russian film with more than a billion RUB final gross.

Thursday.

Most of the films dropped but Life of Pi increased to 98 mln RUB ($3.2m). Three day total 245 mln RUB or $8 mln.

As expected Hobbit passed billion RUB on Wednesday. But it dropped to 3rd with 65 mln RUB ($2.12m). Total 1048 mln RUB or $34.15 mln.

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL grossed 105 mln RUB or $3.49m in 8 days.

Edited by juni78ukr
  • Like 1

480 mln RUB since December, 27. Around $15.67m in 8 days. Could be the second russian film with more than a billion RUB final gross.

Wednesday.

Most of the films dropped but Life of Pi increased to 98 mln RUB ($3.2m). Three day total 245 mln RUB or $8 mln.

As expected Hobbit passed billion RUB on Wednesday. But it dropped to 3rd with 65 mln RUB ($2.12m). Total 1048 mln RUB or $34.15 mln.

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL grossed 105 mln RUB or $3.49m in 8 days.

Awesome for LOP. What do you think it makes on the weekend? Do you still think it misses 20M?

Yes, of course its Thursday. Somehow i confused it. Number of shows for Pi slightly increased and word of mouth also is pretty good. Also started Movie 43, Anna Karenina (previews) and So Undercover. So definitely holdovers lost some screens and shows.

Edited by juni78ukr

Yes, of course its Thursday. Somehow i confused it. Number of shows for Pi slightly increased and word of mouth also is pretty good. Also started Movie 43, Anna Karenina (previews) and So Undercover. So definitely holdovers lost some screens and shows.

I guess Life of Pi can reach $20 :)And about the Russian animated movie (I read Tri Bogatiria na Dalnir Beregar, correct me if I'm wrong :P ) it could reach $34m? :o It's big for a local movie :o The last one reaching this threshold is Nasha Rossia I guess?

The one and only Russian movie groosed more than bliion RUB was Irony of Fate 2 with 1223 mln RUB. Daywatch grossed 919.1 mln RUB, The Admiral 876.1 mln RUB.

Last year also animated Prince Ivan and the Grey Wolf grossed 787.8 mln RUB or $24.8m. Sequel is on the way.

Last Tri Bogatyria film grossed 575 mln RUB or $19m