Russia Box Office

Thursday per Kinometro

1.Pacific Rim $2 066 241

2.The Lone Ranger $575 679 -60,5% $10 036 753

3.World War Z $267 396 -65,1% $22 228 641

4.Monsters University $120 244 -57,4% $20 069 631

5.Now You See Me $54 695 -32,0%  $19 712 963

Posted Image

Monsters University is officially the highest-grossing Pixar movie in Russia, surpassing Cars 2 with $20.1m :)

Edited by Fullbuster of America

Turbo will have Saturday and Sunday previews. Pacific Rim as a fanboy movie should behave close to Man of Steel. With higher numbers of course. Man of Steel failed to reach 4 multiplyer on the opening weekend. Pacific Rim should do it but still will not have higher than 4.4-4.5. 

Do you think Turbo has potential? the competition will be weak so I can see it beyond 10m

Next week

Next releases :

Turbo : July 18th

Despicable Me 2 : August 15th

Kick Ass 2 : September 5th

White House Down:July 18th

R.I.P.D:July 18th

Theaters are complaining: Pacific Rim started well but we hoped for more. 

Among other animated movies Monsters University with 644.6 mln Rub is trying to beat Megamind (676.7 mln) and How to Train Your Dragon (686.9 mln). 

Edited by juni78ukr

As expected Pacific Rim dropped on Friday. Currently I am thinking about 8-9% drop. 

That's not too bad. Typical for a movie of this kind, right? 

I know it's early, but normally, what jumps can we expect for Sat, juni?

That's not too bad. Typical for a movie of this kind, right? 

I know it's early, but normally, what jumps can we expect for Sat, juni?

World War Z 6% Friday drop, 31% Saturday increase. 

Man of Steel 15% Friday drop, 34% Saturday increase. 

• Like 1

Well, 8.5-9m is not bad start after all. No big stars, some weird plot. Mostly action and visuals.    

The same old story.  Strong sales in IMAX with very high ticket prices. Good sales in big cities. Not so much in the regions and smaller cities and towns. 

• Like 1

Well, 8.5-9m is not bad start after all. No big stars, some weird plot. Mostly action and visuals.    

The same old story.  Strong sales in IMAX with very high ticket prices. Good sales in big cities. Not so much in the regions and smaller cities and towns. 

Sounds exactly like what you told us about MOS opening weekend back then. It's just how blockbusters like this are I guess. But it's doing better than MOS, and with that opening range, will definitely gross 16M total at the very least. 20M is a possibility too, small chance but it's a chance regardless.

Yes, legs should be average at very best. Besides just look at the next weekend. Turbo 1400+ screens. White House Down 1100+ screens. R.I.P.D. 800-850 screens. Love Bite (have no idea what it is) 700 screens. The busiest weekend of the summer. 

• Like 1

Yes, legs should be average at very best. Besides just look at the next weekend. Turbo 1400+ screens. White House Down 1100+ screens. R.I.P.D. 800-850 screens. Love Bite (have no idea what it is) 700 screens. The busiest weekend of the summer. 

Wow, that's really croweded.