Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

First Early Thursday estimates.1. Battleship 540,000 (-74%)2. Safe 485,0003. The Babysitters (Rus) 256,0004. Pirates: The Band of Misfits 113,0005. Street Dance 2 102,000Battleship is sinking very fast. Safe is doing pretty good as many previous Statham movies. This weekend multiplyers will be tricky but 7day gross should be huge. Rather poor start for Pirates and particularly Street Dance 2 but the holidays will obviously help them.

Great or Good or bad.

Sure $200,000 on a working day just on 20 IMAX screens is a great result. But how great it is hard to tell. Probably weekend gross on those IMAX screens should be close to John Carter.

John Carter had a holiday weekend with only one working day. The Avengers will have a working Saturday this week. But on the other hand imax-only previews caused really huge demand.

First Early Thursday estimates.1. Battleship 540,000 (-74%)2. Safe 485,0003. The Babysitters (Rus) 256,0004. Pirates: The Band of Misfits 113,0005. Street Dance 2 102,000Battleship is sinking very fast. Safe is doing pretty good as many previous Statham movies. This weekend multiplyers will be tricky but 7day gross should be huge. Rather poor start for Pirates and particularly Street Dance 2 but the holidays will obviously help them.

No Intouchables?? It's such a flop? :oAnd it's great news for The Avengers, I can feel a success there :)

No Intouchables?? It's such a flop? :o

Minor independent distributors usually do not report numbers on Thursday. Rentrak is also useless here. For the Avengers the demand is really huge. But it is only 20 screens with pretty high ticket prices.

Minor independent distributors usually do not report numbers on Thursday. Rentrak is also useless here. For the Avengers the demand is really huge. But it is only 20 screens with pretty high ticket prices.

I was right to be optimistic, The Avengers could do big.It's really a great movie, don't disappoint me Russia :)

$20m can be reached, but that could be hard.

Let's see. I would say $2-2.3m Friday-Sunday and $2.5-2.7m Monday-Tuesday. So it should have at least $19m after Tuesday. On Thursday The Avengers and another bunch of new releases will kill everything. But still Battleship should make at least $3m to $22-23m total.

Let's see. I would say $2-2.3m Friday-Sunday and $2.5-2.7m Monday-Tuesday. So it should have at least $19m after Tuesday. On Thursday The Avengers and another bunch of new releases will kill everything. But still Battleship should make at least $3m to $22-23m total.

When I see Avengers' impressive numbers all around the world I say I can't wait to see its numbers in Russia, a $20m OW is absolutely possible :) ($20m OW will be passed in UK and Australia after all).

When I see Avengers' impressive numbers all around the world I say I can't wait to see its numbers in Russia, a $20m OW is absolutely possible :) ($20m OW will be passed in UK and Australia after all).

You still can't learn. Russians don't care about comic books or superheroes. Only action and visuals. You can't compare Russia with those countries. Film markets in english speaking countries are rather close to US market.And you can't make $20m weekend with a working Saturday. Not a chance. Absolutely. Totally. Whatever. It will require at least the best single day gross on Sunday and that is totally impossible. 20+mln for holidays week from Thursday till Wednesday is very likely. But after that every movie will drop like a stone no matter what.

You still can't learn. Russians don't care about comic books or superheroes. Only action and visuals. You can't compare Russia with those countries. Film markets in english speaking countries are rather close to US market.And you can't make $20m weekend with a working Saturday. Not a chance. Absolutely. Totally. Whatever. It will require at least the best single day gross on Sunday and that is totally impossible. 20+mln for holidays week from Thursday till Wednesday is very likely. But after that every movie will drop like a stone no matter what.

I believe it when I see it.In France we don't take SH seriously, but The Avengers had a great launch there,quality can help ;) Maybe $20m OW can't be reached, and you said why but $10m-15m OW is attainable!