Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Usually September 1st is a big moviegoing day for family films. This year it falls on Sunday so the effect might not be that strong. Still the multiplyers are hard to predict.

Early Thursday 

Grown Ups 2 880k

Sea of Monsters 505k (-53%)

Despicable Me 500k (-51%)

Planes 365k

Millers 225k (-48%)

Mortal Instruments 195k (-62%)

• Like 1

Usually September 1st is a big moviegoing day for family films. This year it falls on Sunday so the effect might not be that strong. Still the multiplyers are hard to predict.

Early Thursday 

Grown Ups 2 880k

Sea of Monsters 505k (-53%)

Despicable Me 500k (-51%)

Planes 365k

Millers 225k (-48%)

Mortal Instruments 195k (-62%)

Millers, Hangover, Grown-Ups...Russia is really a major market for US comedies. Ted 2 could be the first US comedies beyond $20m!

hopefully not

It's a very innovative and modern comedy, this is the reason of its global success B)  So you can expect impressive numbers for Ted 2, with DVDs, Blu-Rays and P2P Ted will become more successful by 2015. :wub:  People loved it B)

Official estimates

Grown Ups 2 $799k

Despicable Me 2 $542k (-47%)  $25.89mln total 

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters $434k (-57%) 

Planes $316k

We Are Millers $256k (-39%) $12.86 mln total

The Mortal Instruments: $196k (-62%) $3.88 mln total

Jeune & Jolie  $69k

You're Next! $33k

Ok start for Grown Ups 2. Very weak for Planes. Not bad for Despicable Me 2 and Millers.

Official estimates

Grown Ups 2 $799k

Planes $316k

Jeune & Jolie  $69k

You're Next! $33k

Ok start for Grown Ups 2. Very weak for Planes. Not bad for Despicable Me 2 and Millers.

28M for DM2 is possible, right?

Official estimates

Grown Ups 2 $799k

Planes $316k

Jeune & Jolie  $69k

You're Next! $33k

Planes is disappointing, I guess Disney didn't promote it much.

Hopefully NOT.

So you don't like innovative movies? This movie proves Hollywood can innovate and create movies not coming from books, coming books or which are sequels.

Ted deserved its success, and Ted 2 will be rewarded for that..Like people rewarded Hangover 2 for Hangover 1.

So you don't like innovative movies? This movie proves Hollywood can innovate and create movies not coming from books, coming books or which are sequels.

Ted deserved its success, and Ted 2 will be rewarded for that..Like people rewarded Hangover 2 for Hangover 1.

Umm...no, it did not seem innovative to me. The only unseen thing I can tell was that the protagonist was a teddy bear. The humor was in my opinion so simple and even bland, like in some recent TV shows but the thing I did really hate was the incredibly simple and predictable plot. 

So in my opinion it was nothing innovative, did not deserve its success, but I'm not angry about that. Half of the people I know saw it did not like it, and I remember seeing a lot of bad reviews about the film. Even from sites that loves this kind of abominations.

I suppose that the sequel will decrease in terms of grosses in the US and several countries, but well, it will be obviously a success.

• Like 1

Umm...no, it did not seem innovative to me. The only unseen thing I can tell was that the protagonist was a teddy bear. The humor was in my opinion so simple and even bland, like in some recent TV shows but the thing I did really hate was the incredibly simple and predictable plot. 

So in my opinion it was nothing innovative, did not deserve its success, but I'm not angry about that. Half of the people I know saw it did not like it, and I remember seeing a lot of bad reviews about the film. Even from sites that loves this kind of abominations.

I suppose that the sequel will decrease in terms of grosses in the US and several countries, but well, it will be obviously a success.

A lot of people had this reaction for Hangover, but Hangover 2 increased over Hangover 1....So I'm sure Ted 2 will be over Ted 1.

standing ovation to u!!!! it was generic beyond belief

the only good thing is the song from Octopussy & MIla imo :D

it obv can increase & i will be mad :lol: i need to start preparing now

At least now I console myself with WTM success :wub: Sometimes good comedies get what they deserve

Idk about grown ups 2. The first was not funny to me so I won't see the 2nd.

Edited by Leyla