Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

We won't have Spiderman numbers before a while, so I propose to you this week to discover the hottest Russian actresses, for your eyes :PRussian women are hot, and for this reason I'm proud to learn Russian, the language of Iced Godesses :P

There's a letter 'х' though, which is pronounced very similarly to the English 'h', but they still use 'g' for transliteration. :thinking:

My Russian teacher pronounces it as a Spanish "r" but I know the 'h' version of x.Apparently the Russian can be different according to the region.

There's a letter 'х' though, which is pronounced very similarly to the English 'h', but they still use 'g' for transliteration. :thinking:

It's more a tradition than anything else. So we write and say Гарри Поттер but Харрисон Форд.

According to this, Germany and Italy have roughly the same admissions. Is Italy a lot more domestic movie focused? Because it seems Germany is a way bigger market for Hollywood movies than Italy.

This year Russia will have between 190-200 million admissions, much more than UK and as much as France.

According to this, Germany and Italy have roughly the same admissions. Is Italy a lot more domestic movie focused? Because it seems Germany is a way bigger market for Hollywood movies than Italy.

yesOne column shows National Market share ... how big is the part of their own moviesFrance leads with 41.6%, Italy is also high with 37.5%, Germany has 21.8%Russia has only 15.8% - they prefer Hollywood movies.European countries also like to watch movies from other European countries - one big problem remains: we speak different languages.

according to this EU statistic UK still leads Russia in 2011 with gross € and admissionshttp://www.obs.coe.i...012_cinema.htmland Germany is still leading in gross

OK, I used Hollywood Reporter reports so I was right, in part :PBut in 2012 things will be settled : ahead of Germany in gross and admissions, and ahead of UK in admissions.And that will be the beginning.

I think Russia will stop growing in admissions soon, or at least slow down significantly. With the high prices and low wages they have there arn't much more people left that can afford to go.