Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Russian life expectancy lowest in Europehttp://www.berlin-in...phy/russia.html2050 there could be only 100m Russians

Why this news here? By the way the life expectancy grows in Russia, mostly men, so it's not smart to judge with the recent numbers.Given the increase in births (not enough, but good) it's not 100 million in 2050 but 127 millions expected according to the last study,well enough to be an interesting market.

They didn't drink back then?

Almost half of all deaths of working-age men in Russia are from alcohol abuse, according to a new medical study which says the country's males die in excessive numbers not just because they drink lots of vodka but because they also consume products containing alcohol, such as eau de cologne, antiseptics and medicinal tinctures. Some of the products contain 95 percent alcohol by volume, equating to 200 proof.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2007/06/18/2003365803

at current fertility rate of 1.8 children per female even China fails to reach replacement value of 2.1 and their population will go downin some years Indians and Muslims will make an even greater percentage of the world population

at current fertility rate of 1.8 children per female even China fails to reach replacement value of 2.1 and their population will go downin some years Indians and Muslims will make an even greater percentage of the world population

Your numbers are from 2000, now it's 1.5 children per female ;)Even Brazil is under 2 children per female (1.9), and Iran (1.7).In the USA it's 2 so they're ok if we add immigrants.

Kinometro predicts 350mln RUB for Spider-Man ($10.9 mln). Other sites give it between 400 and 440 mln RUB. The big wild card this weekend is a spanish movie called I Want You. It's a sequel and the first film is very popular among young people and teens. Kinometro believes it could be a mini-breakout with 45mln RUB ($1.4 mln). The others give it only 500-600k for the weekend. Funny weekend to watch overall.

I Want You= Tengo ganas de Tí Edited by efialtes76

Speaking about Russia, what did you think about Anastasia, the Disney animated movie about Anastasia Romanov?

Posted Image

Stories from the Russia pre-USSR aren't very known, I'm sure they have many interesting histories and legends.I would like more Hollywood movies about them.

Edited by Fullbuster

Speaking about Russia, what did you think about Anastasia, the Disney animated movie about Anastasia Romanov?

Posted Image

Stories from the Russia pre-USSR aren't very known, I'm sure they have many interesting histories and legends.I would like more Hollywood movies about them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia_(1997_film)

not Disney : Don Bluth Fox-animation

Some big cities in China even have a fertility rate under 1.5/1.0.Less young people and more and more old people.China will face a big population problem.Muslims will take over the world. :ph34r: Edited by firedeep

Some big cities in China even have a fertility rate under 1.5/1.0.Less young people and more and more old people.China will face a big population problem.Muslims will take over the world. :ph34r:

Hong Kong : 0.98 :oAbout Muslims they will be hit by this too, look at Iran (1.7) or Tunisia (1.6)..Indonesia, the most populated Muslim country, will fall under 2 children per woman in some years.They are just late to the party.But the most hit by the problem will be Japan, Germany,Taiwan and South Korea, economically that won't be good, we can see it in Japan already.In Russia their fertility rate is up (1.7 against 1.5 before), even if it's certainly not enough to offset all the losses in births they have the biggest oil & gas reserves, they will be fine. Edited by Fullbuster

Hong Kong : 0.98 :oAbout Muslims they will be hit by this too, look at Iran (1.7) or Tunisia (1.6)..Indonesia, the most populated Muslim country, will fall under 2 children per woman in some years.They are just late to the party.But the most hit by the problem will be Japan, Germany,Taiwan and South Korea, economically that won't be good, we can see it in Japan already.In Russia their fertility rate is up (1.7 against 1.5 before), even if it's certainly not enough to offset all the losses in births they have the biggest oil & gas reserves, they will be fine.

Many countries encourge women to give more births to children while the fertility rate keeps droping.China has strict fertility limitation and of course the rate keeps dropping too, for more than 20 years. In big cities like Shanghai, the fertility rate is already under 1.0. China's population will begin to decline probably from 2020. And by that time, India will be the biggest country in the world in population. Worst thing in China however is, there is no such thing as government provided pension for most people. So a person has to take care of 2 old people fully on him/her self. And if no major changes about the current population policy next few years, more people will have no one to be take cared at all.Like me. In 40 years, I will be an old man and probably no one will take care of me. But nevermind, China most likely will collapse in 30 years. Edited by firedeep

Many countries encourge women to give more births to children while the fertility rate keeps droping.China has strict fertility limitation and of course the rate keeps dropping too, for more than 20 years. In big cities like Shanghai, the fertility rate is already under 1.0. China's population will begin to decline probably from 2020. And by that time, India will be the biggest country in the world in population. Worst thing in China however is, there is no such thing as government provided pension for most people. So a person has to take care of 2 old people fully on him/her self. And if no major changes about the current population policy next few years, more people will have no one to be take cared at all.Like me. In 40 years, I will be an old man and probably no one will take care of me. But nevermind, China most likely will collapse in 30 years.

They will have to create a pension system, no choice.But this system will be very costly, and the Chinese debt could boom.