Purple Minion

MORBIUS | 87.4M overseas ● 156.6M worldwide

6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Can we miss 150? That would be epic.

I think that's impossible even for Morbius 😅

Dark Phoenix in 2019 grossed 190 million excluding China (and 60 million in the country), I think this disastrous film is probably the best comparison...

1 hour ago, AnDr3s said:

any chances that morbius does less than TSS?

167M, which is also the same gross of the 2015 Fantastic Four and Wonder Woman 1984... It would be so terrible to be hilarious

Edited by MG10

12 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Can we miss 150? That would be epic.

5 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

any chances that morbius does less than TSS?

5 hours ago, MG10 said:

167M, which is also the same gross of the 2015 Fantastic Four and Wonder Woman 1984... It would be so terrible to be hilarious

Assuming a 2x multi domestically Morbius still has 21m or so in the bank. OS it made 24.5m this week. With 50% drops it will make another 25m or so. That takes it to about 172m WW.

I doubt legs will be so terrible so as to have a sub 1.9-2.0 multi domestically. As for OS it could have more than 50% drop next week but smaller drops in subsequent weeks. But overall I doubt it will make much more than 25m or so.

Its not gonna miss 150m but it ain't making 200m either. 

• Like 1

Morbius is a fiasco, but it won't be nearly as big a loser in terms of cold hard cash as Dark Phoenix was.

Mobius cost less then one half of what Dark Phoenix cost. SONY will probably at least break even on Mobius, but  FOx/Disney lost a lot on Dark Phoenix.

You  have to wionder if Mobius is going to make SONY think twice about some of it's SPideyverse  films.

I never got why they went for Madame Web in the first place. If you want a female lead in the Spideyverse, why not go with the obvous choice, Spider Gwen, who is one of the most popular figures in the comcis. I think she is actually outselling at times Spider Man proper.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

You  have to wionder if Mobius is going to make SONY think twice about some of it's SPideyverse  films.

I never got why they went for Madame Web in the first place. If you want a female lead in the Spideyverse, why not go with the obvous choice, Spider Gwen, who is one of the most popular figures in the comcis. I think she is actually outselling at times Spider Man proper.

They seem to just be content making a small profit (if there even will be one for morbius) over these small low risk films while they build up to a sinister six movie that (they think) will make a big profit, but frankly with how much these movies suck that seems pretty optimistic of them.