Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The 2.4million people who vote for the far-left candidates will probably vote for Dilma, and 1.2million who vote for the far-right will vote for Aécio. 

So you have like...

Dilma - 43.2m + 2.4m = 45.6m

Aécio - 34.9m + 1.2m = 36.1m

Then you have 22.1 million people who vote for Marina. 70%~75% of these voters need to vote for Aécio for him to win, but Marina had 6.4 million votes in the Northeast states, and most of these people will decided to vote for Dilma. It's not impossible for Aécio to win, but his chances are minimal.

He still can steal vote from Dilma, I don't think everyone who vote for her is a big fan of her, a sizable part thought there was no credible alternative.

He still can steal vote from Dilma, I don't think everyone who vote for her is a big fan of her, a sizable part thought there was no credible alternative.

That is quite unlikely. Her voters wouldn't vote for him and his voters wouldn't vote for her.

i5uWybtOsHU4.jpg

Brazil's Voters Got Hope, Want Change

It's tempting to read the results of Sunday's election in Brazil as a win for the status quo. President Dilma Rousseff took nearly 42 percent of the tally, 9 million votes more than the runner-up, Social Democrat Party leader Aecio Neves, and now looks poised for the Oct. 26 runoff.

But not so fast. Start with the arithmetic: 42 percent is no mandate. Flip the graphic and look again. Better than half -- 58 percent -- of those who cast ballots voted for someone other than Rousseff. That means almost 18 million more people voted against her ruling Workers Party (PT) incumbent than for it. Tellingly, Rousseff got clobbered, 26 percent to Neves's 44 percent, in Sao Paulo, the PT's birthplace.

If Brazilians were fat and contented, they wouldn't be so eager to trudge to the polls again, which thanks to their split decision is now inevitable. Scratch a little deeper and a murkier picture emerges.

Brazil's biggest cities rejected Rousseff, as did states representing 70 percent of Brazil's gross domestic product. That might explain why the stock market rallies every time Rousseff's opponents beat expectations.

The big Brazilian board was up 5 percent the day after the vote, and the Brazilian real surged against the dollar, even as the greenback gained ground around the world.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-10-07/brazil-s-voters-got-hope-want-change

business-in-brazil.png

BRAZIL ADMISSIONS 2014 VS 2013

January-September 2014 : 118.6m admissions

January-September 2013 : 116.6m admissions

Evolution : +1.7%

2014 is still a bit higher in admissions so that's good, given the recession in Brazil we can't ask too much, but of course it's one of the slowest growth we've ever seen there.

With price increases we should have a growth in $ around 6-8%, maybe more if Hobbit and Hunger Games outperform.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

NEXT RELEASES :

Dracula Untold : October 23

Interstellar : November 6

Dumb and Dumber To : November 13

The Hunger Games 3 : November 19

Horrible Bosses 2 : December 4

The Hobbit 3 : December 11

Big Hero 6 : December 25

Exodus Gods and Kings : December 25

Annie : January 8

Penguins of Madagascar : January 15

INTERSTELLAR B) B)

BIG HERO 6 :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

MY FORECASTS

Dracula Untold : 9m

Interstellar : 16m

Dumb and Dumber To : 10m

Hunger Games 3 : 25m

Horrible Bosses 2 : 7m

The Hobbit 3 : 25m

Big Hero 6 : 21m

Exodus Gods and Kings : 18m

Penguins of Madagascar : 24m

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

Wow, after the first round election people stopped posting z_z I wonder what happened.

Thankfully the box office will be quite interesting in November and December ^^

Sorry! I've been only reading things about ebola this week. We are all very worried over here :( Edited by Henry II of Arendelle

Sorry! I've been only reading things about ebola this week. We are all very worried over here :(

This Spanish nurse is probably doomed :/

But you shouldn't be too worried about that, I mean Spain is a developed country, it can't spread like in Africa..or I hope so.

It's a miracle Ebola is still not in France given how linked we are to French-speaking Africa.

I also hope it won't spread further in the US,poor Dallas.

I don't understand why flights from and to these African countries are not prohibited, it's completely reckless!!

This Spanish nurse is probably doomed :/

But you shouldn't be too worried about that, I mean Spain is a developed country, it can't spread like in Africa..or I hope so.

It's a miracle Ebola is still not in France given how linked we are to French-speaking Africa.

I also hope it won't spread further in the US,poor Dallas.

I don't understand why flights from and to these African countries are not prohibited, it's completely reckless!!

I was being all serious till that. From there I lost it :rofl: