Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

31 minutes ago, Olive said:

BVS under 1B will be a disappointment.

yeah, ppl at WB will be so disappointed as they were when MOS didn't make $1B as they expected. I just don't see how it will cross $1B WW without at least $600m OS, and we all know that DC is weak OS, their only movie to make more than $600m was TDKR, and it barely crossed the mark ($636m) and this with the hype of final chapter + one of the best of ER of history, I don't see how the hell BVS will surpass this number, especially since the buzz is nowhere as big as it was for TDKR, and with the ER killing every movie OS, and let's not forget that your country (China) is having a lot of disappointment these days..... I hope I'm wrong because DC really needs this movie to be a big hit to keep their universe alive 

27 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

yeah, ppl at WB will be so disappointed as they were when MOS didn't make $1B as they expected. I just don't see how it will cross $1B WW without at least $600m OS, and we all know that DC is weak OS, their only movie to make more than $600m was TDKR, and it barely crossed the mark ($636m) and this with the hype of final chapter + one of the best of ER of history, I don't see how the hell BVS will surpass this number, especially since the buzz is nowhere as big as it was for TDKR, and with the ER killing every movie OS, and let's not forget that your country (China) is having a lot of disappointment these days..... I hope I'm wrong because DC really needs this movie to be a big hit to keep their universe alive 

Yeah, Exchange rates keeps worsening.But it will have very good release dates in China, so I still think 1B WW is likely, Maybe 400+600

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Your comment doesn't make sense. If it can't make $1B for the reasons you pointed out, why would WB be expecting it to cross that mark? Why would they have unrealistic expectations for it?

The same thing for Man Of Steel, there was no way that movie would make $1B specially because the character was not so popular anymore, the last movies were flops and hated by everyone.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

@Mockingjay Raphael @angeldelmito tickets for the movie of the century (Batman v Superman) go on sale March 10 here you guys can buy when you go see Allegiant on opening day :OMG:

I'm definitely seeing this on the opening weekend, It's one of my most anticipated of the year.

But I don't know why I have the feeling that this won't be so big. I very much hope that I'm mistaken.

How much do you expect, from Brazil, boys? is there any hype?

Edited by A District 3 Engineer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Your comment doesn't make sense. If it can't make $1B for the reasons you pointed out, why would WB be expecting it to cross that mark? Why would they have unrealistic expectations for it?

The same thing for Man Of Steel, there was no way that movie would make $1B specially because the character was not so popular anymore, the last movies were flops and hated by everyone.

I don't know, maybe because that's what they do? Set high expectations for a movie? 

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/does-man-of-steel-need-to-make-1-billion-to-be-a-success-20130607

WB was expecting $1B for MOS, and that's the exactly reason why we're getting a BVS movie instead of MOS 2

1 hour ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

I'm definitely seeing this on the opening weekend, It's one of my most anticipated of the year.

But I don't know why I have the feeling that this won't be so big. I very much hope that I'm mistaken.

How much do you espect, from Brazil, boys? is there any hype?

Thats what I'm always saying, the movie looked like a big deal last year, but now, we're less than one month for the release, and I feel that the buzz died....

Honestly, I feel zero buzz around me, I'm basically the only one talking about this movie to my friends lol 

but let's remember that DC was never a big deal in LA, the biggest DC movie here was TDKR with a mediocre $27m, and this in 2012, when the dollar was like R$1,50, let alone now 

1 hour ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

How much do you expect, from Brazil, boys? is there any hype?

I'm excited for Allegiant too, I don't know how much the first two made here but I'm expecting a significant increase people are in need for a good YA movie as all of them last year disappointed and also The 5th Wave.

53 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I don't know, maybe because that's what they do? Set high expectations for a movie? 

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/does-man-of-steel-need-to-make-1-billion-to-be-a-success-20130607

WB was expecting $1B for MOS, and that's the exactly reason why we're getting a BVS movie instead of MOS 2

We're getting BVS not because MOS supposedly disappointed, but because it was needed to move forward with the DC Universe. Or do you think a Cyborg movie has more box office potential than another Superman solo movie? LOL