Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

6 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

On monday Deadpool & Wolverine made R$6.5M and 290k admissions. One interesting fact about the weekend, 82% of all the box office for Deadpool came from dubbed screens. The movie is going incredible hard on dubbed.

I assumed most of bizz from LATAM is from dubbed.

40 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

On monday Deadpool & Wolverine made R$6.5M and 290k admissions. One interesting fact about the weekend, 82% of all the box office for Deadpool came from dubbed screens. The movie is going incredible hard on dubbed.

I didn’t see it dubbed and there wasn’t even much screenings around me that were dubbed by Wednesday and Thursday. I hate watching dubbed films but I just might for this one if it’s available in my town’s movie theater. People do love watching Wolverine speaking in Portuguese here for some reason. I can confirm that.

Sony has just announced ‘It Ends With Us’ pre sales started in Brazil.

It seems that Brazil was the second biggest international market for the book sales. Looking at pre sales, is there any chance of breakout in Brazil @ThatWaluigiDude?

Edited by leoh

2 hours ago, leoh said:

Sony has just announced ‘It Ends With Us’ pre sales started in Brazil.

It seems that Brazil was the second biggest international market for the book sales. Looking at pre sales, is there any chance of breakout in Brazil @ThatWaluigiDude?

I did not know it was opening today. I don't have time to track now, but I took a quick look and dang, super strong start. If I have time I will look more at night but yes, it will absolutely brek out in Brazil.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

I did not know it was opening today. I don't have time to track now, but I took a quick look and dang, super strong start. If I have time I will look more at night but yes, it will absolutely brek out in Brazil.

It has posters everywhere here in Porto Alegre. It was Deadpool and Wolverine and It Ends With Us all over.

• Astonished 1

MID-WEEK BOX OFFICE (29-31 JULY)

1) Deadpool & Wolverine:  R$16.9M/    890k admissions

2) Despicable Me 4: R$5.34M/    300k admissions

3) Inside Out 2:  R$4.82M/    270k admissions

4) Twisters: ???

5) Black Pink World Tour - Born Pink in Cinemas (Wednesday only): R$600k/    17.6k admissions

Logically Deadpool made a lot of money and any movie could only wish making that much on a damn mid-week. But the drop compared to the weekend was surprisingly bad and I ask myself why is that? I do not see this as a sign of frontloading and I put my foot down that the legs will be good and that the second weekend will be very healthy, but yeah the first mid-week should have been a lot better.

• Like 3

First day of presales for It Ends With Us were around 70% of Deadpool & Wolverine's first day of pre-sales. And might I remind you how strong the first day of pre-sales of Deadpool was? This is How It Ends probably will not just breakout but will make Brazil one of its top territories.

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 4

July sold R$455M and 23M admissions, up 23% from july last year and the most profitable month from Brazil since july 2019. So far 2024 have sold R$1.5B and 79.8M admissions, compared to the same period last year 2024 is up 0.6% (Basically tied).

• Like 2

It was brough to my attention that It Ends With Us is having a big push in Brazil on regards of chains offering half-off by buying on pre-sales while others are offering exclusive gifts for those who buy eatly, what could explain why the pre-sales are so damn strong now but it could also lead the movie to be more frontloaded than normal.

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude