Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Avengers didn't pass it yet?  :blink:

It did it : Avengers = 63.9m / TpE2 = 62.9m

What I mean is The Avengers 2 will do it again, and should pass Titanic as well..So TA2 could become the biggest movie all-time in Brazil.

Don't forget : Brazil is one of the biggest territories for The Avengers so this market will be very important for TA2.

Given the strong growth of every Marvel sequel there I'm confident TA2 can reach $75m-80m, or even more.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Monthly Admissions in Brazil (in millions) : 2013 vs 2014

January-July 2013 Admissions : 94.6m

January-July 2014 Admissions : 95.1m

Evolution : +0.5%

OUCH! The World Cup really hurt it, before that 2014 was really ahead of 2013..Let's hope August will offset this messy July!

Funny thing is that it actually looked like the movies were doing fine during the WC, here's what I think what happened.

School holidays were moved to June and extended to 30 days (12 Jun - 13 Jul), while the usual is only the last two weeks of July. Business were actually fine in the beginning of the WC, mainly for those movies focused on younger females (Maleficent, TFIOS), but there were no major releases apart from Dragon during the rest of the holidays, so we had only small drops instead of big opening weekends. Plus, by the time Transformers, Blended (Adam Sandler movies actually make money here) and Planes opened, school holidays had already ended. That should explain the unusual increase on June instead of July.

• Like 2

It did it : Avengers = 63.9m / TpE2 = 62.9m

What I mean is The Avengers 2 will do it again, and should pass Titanic as well..So TA2 could become the biggest movie all-time in Brazil.

Don't forget : Brazil is one of the biggest territories for The Avengers so this market will be very important for TA2.

Given the strong growth of every Marvel sequel there I'm confident TA2 can reach $75m-80m, or even more.

:huh:

Ok get it.

horrible news, but not shocking for a country like Brazil.

Funny thing is that it actually looked like the movies were doing fine during the WC, here's what I think what happened.

School holidays were moved to June and extended to 30 days (12 Jun - 13 Jul), while the usual is only the last two weeks of July. Business were actually fine in the beginning of the WC, mainly for those movies focused on younger females (Maleficent, TFIOS), but there were no major releases apart from Dragon during the rest of the holidays, so we had only small drops instead of big opening weekends. Plus, by the time Transformers, Blended (Adam Sandler movies actually make money here) and Planes opened, school holidays had already ended. That should explain the unusual increase on June instead of July.

I agree, it's probably the reason :)

:huh:

Ok get it.

horrible news, but not shocking for a country like Brazil.

You can hate The Avengers, it's fine, but most of people and reviewers think it's good movie, it deserves its success.

From History's point of view it's an unbelievable event : movies linked between them and suddenly all of them are reunited in a single movie. And from what we know The Avengers 2 will be even more ambitious.

You can hate it but it's not "horrible".

• Like 1

You can hate The Avengers, it's fine, but most of people and reviewers think it's good movie, it deserves its success.

From History's point of view it's an unbelievable event : movies linked between them and suddenly all of them are reunited in a single movie. And from what we know The Avengers 2 will be even more ambitious.

You can hate it but it's not "horrible".

I don't said the movie is horrible, I said the news are horrible. It may be great for you to see it becaming number 1 movie in here, but it won't for me, Titanic, one of my favorite movie will be passed by it.

Edited by xSabrinax

I don't said the movie is horrible, I said the news are horrible. It may be great for you to see it becaming number 1 movie in here, but it won't for me, Titanic, one of my favorite movie will be passed by it.

I also agree but i don't see Avengers 2 having such a big increase anyway.

I mean it won't reach $80m.

So? How was it?

I liked it, I didn't expect Otani to have had a relationship with a girl for 2 years before, and she's a bit too similar to the girl he liked in the first episode :P I'm curious to know who is the guy in the end, probably an old friend of Koizumi.

• Like 1

I liked it, I didn't expect Otani to have had a relationship with a girl for 2 years before, and she's a bit too similar to the girl he liked in the first episode :P I'm curious to know who is the guy in the end, probably an old friend of Koizumi.

So glad you liking it fullbuster.  :lol: 

Will get better and better in every episode.

Otani.  :wub: 

• Like 1

I also agree but i don't see Avengers 2 having such a big increase anyway.I mean it won't reach $80m.

It will have a big increase,there is no doubt about it,at least in Latin America.In Brazil every post-Avengers Marvel movie strongly increased over the previous one.80m would mean a growth around 22%,that would be a growth inferior to Thor 2,Iron Man 3 or Captain America 2,so it's completely possible.And the market will be much bigger in 2015 than 2012,with higher ticket prices.
  • Like 1

It will have a big increase,there is no doubt about it,at least in Latin America.In Brazil every post-Avengers Marvel movie strongly increased over the previous one.80m would mean a growth around 22%,that would be a growth inferior to Thor 2,Iron Man 3 or Captain America 2,so it's completely possible.And the market will be much bigger in 2015 than 2012,with higher ticket prices.

well i don't know much about the ticket prices in Brazil so you're  right.