Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The UK posted a $15.1 million debut while France finished the weekend with $14.5 million. Russia was the only other market to post an eight-figure weekend, culminating its opening frame with a $13.4 million bow. Other top markets include Brazil ($6.9M), Mexico ($6.4M), Japan ($2.4M), and New Zealand ($1.8M). Five Armies expands to Italy, Spain, and South Korea on December 17.

3D + Imax + HRF + Final movie buzz = 6.9M?

it seems that the tickets sold out only in the city where goffe lives

x4_GXIEJ.gif

Edited by MazeRunner23
  • Like 1

I love THG franchise but given it had the biggest number of screens in Brazil's history, the opening results are a little "meh"....

It's a shame it never exploded like the Twilight movie saga did (even though THG is faaaaar superior), especially considering all the special treatment it got (the last movie opening a week earlier than the rest of the world here, the huge number of screens for this movie, etc). That said, it's still doing very well, of course.

It think it's a good number, it's up 40% over DoS (that not a small increase) and the exchange rate is worst than last year (10%)

If I am not wrong, it has doubled TH1 opening and it is about a 60-65% higher than TH2 in local currency. So not so meh ;)

Unfortunately you are somewhat wrong. The hobbit 1 and 2 were released in 3-day OW.

The hobbit 3 number is 4-day. The movies here began to be released on thursdays since early of 2014.

6M (R$15.5M/$2.57707 ) 4-day for final movie from a 4.9M 3-day isn't so good even taking the exchange rate in consideration.

Edited by MazeRunner23
  • Like 1

Unfortunately you are somewhat wrong. The hobbit 1 and 2 were released in 3-day OW.

The hobbit 3 number is 4-day. The movies here began to be released on thursdays since early of 2014.

6M (R$15.5M/$2.57707 ) 4-day for final movie from a 4.9M 3-day isn't so good even taking the exchange rate in consideration.

if it has increased in admissions over the first two then it is good, especially considering many people have said the first two movies are not well received

if it has increased in admissions over the first two then it is good, especially considering many people have said the first two movies are not well received

Of course it had an increase, the OW was 4-day, not 3-day like the previous. And it is the final movie. This number is okay, not good, not great.

• Like 1

The numbers are good for me, Hobbit is performing like a third movie should.

And 3D and IMAX can't be counted as advantages since AUJ and DOS had it too.

The drop hint was to me, so I will answer: The numbers are good for you, not for The Hobbit 3. They are ok for a Final Movie.

3D and IMAX are an advantage compared to other movies (like MJ). No one here used the 3D and IMAX as an advantage over the previous films in the franchise.

• Like 1

The drop hint was to me, so I will answer: The numbers are good for you, not for The Hobbit 3. They are ok for a Final Movie.

3D and IMAX are an advantage compared to other movies (like MJ). No one here used the 3D and IMAX as an advantage over the previous films in the franchise.

I said 'for me' because Hobbit is not huge in here, is not a teen franchise, and wasn't released during a holiday .

But, more importantly, because everyone has their own opinion.