Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Unfair comparison : The Avengers was something new and most of the characters were unknown to the Brazilian audience while FF7 is the seventh movie of this franchise!

The Avengers 2 will benefit from a way bigger popularity and so a much better start.

Unknown? Iron Man/CA/Thor all made $20m+ here, they are not completly unknown, and It was something new, epic, a movie event everywhere while F7 is the seventh entry of a franchise that never was that big here, F7's numbers are much more impressive than A1, tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unknown? Iron Man/CA/Thor all made $20m+ here, they are not completly unknown, and It was something new, epic, a movie event everywhere while F7 is the seventh entry of a franchise that never was that big here, F7's numbers are much more impressive than A1, tbh.

FF6 was quite big, it didn't come out of nowhere.

But still, Avengers was not known as a brand, the concept was new, a success wasn't a sure thing.

• Thanks 1

Well, It doesn't matter at all, MJ2 will break the record again in november anyway. :P

Uh no, you know The Avengers 2 will crush everything, it's fate, it's written, THG is not big enough as a frachise in Brazil to beat it. :P

If F7 jumped from $5.9m to $10.9m, anything is possible. ;)

Not that much, not with a stagnant movie market...It can't do that in just one year. In the other hand TA grossed $64m there, so even with $50m TA2 would easily pass THG4, $35m is the best we can expect for it..That would be a big jump already, from $23m.

Not that much, not with a stagnant movie market...It can't do that in just one year. In the other hand TA grossed $64m there, so even with $50m TA2 would easily pass THG4, $35m is the best we can expect for it..That would be a big jump already, from $23m.

Lol, I'm talking about OW, not total!

A2 will easily win the year.

Lol, I'm talking about OW, not total!

A2 will easily win the year.

Oh, I got confused on the way :P

Well, it's not impossible in terms of OW but still unlikely : Captain America 2 alone beat THG3 in total gross, meaning the popularity of Marvel's heroes is much higher than ever and beyond THG's, so I don't think it likely to happen..

I think the main reason why Maleficent have done so well was Angelina Jolie, I am expecting something like Oz/Snow White for Cinderella, maybe a bit more.

I disagree, Angelina Jolie never was big in Brazil before, what would people suddenly go in theaters to see her?

So Cinderella should be fine.

Look who was right after all. :P

• Like 2

"#VelozeseFuriosos7 distribuido pela @UniversalPicsBr foi visto por + de 2 milhões de espectadores no Brasil no final de semana de estréia"

"#Furious7 distributed by @UniversalPicsBr had more than 2 million admissions in Brazil on its opening weekend"

Best opening ever (in admissions)?

Edited by Victor Nunes
  • Like 1

"#VelozeseFuriosos7 distribuido pela @UniversalPicsBr foi visto por + de 2 milhões de espectadores no Brasil no final de semana de estréia"

"#Furious7 distribuited by @UniversalPicsBr had more than 2 million admissions in Brazil on its opening weekend"

Best opening ever (in admissions)?

Welcome Victor! :D

Nah, BD2 had 3,14M ADM in It's OW.

• Like 1

A new Brazilian :D Welcome ;)

http://www.adorocinema.com/filmes/bilheterias/?date=2012-11-16

3.14m with previews apparently.

Thank You, Yoshi!

But if you take just the weekend (without previews) into account, there's a chance that Furious 7 becomes the best opening ever. :)

Anyway, Avengers 2 is coming to break all this numbers.

• Like 1

Thank You, Yoshi!

But if you take just the weekend (without previews) into account, there's a chance that Furious 7 becomes the best opening ever. :)

Anyway, Avengers 2 is coming to break all this numbers.

Well, then you would need to take F7's previews too. :P

Indeed FF7 can beat Twilight BD2, however did FF7 get previews in Mexico? That doesn't seem to be the case but I could be wrong.