Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Indeed FF7 can beat Twilight BD2, however did FF7 get previews in Mexico? That doesn't seem to be the case but I could be wrong.

No previews in Mexico. It opened one day earlier because of the Easter holidays. 1.6m admissions on Thursday + 4.2m adm during the weekend = 5.8m admissions during its 4 first days there.

In Mexico opening day was changed to Thursdays last summer but it didn't work so it was changed back to Fridays last month.

• Like 2

No previews in Mexico. It opened one day earlier because of the Easter holidays. 1.6m admissions on Thursday + 4.2m adm during the weekend = 5.8m admissions during its 4 first days there.

In Mexico opening day was changed to Thursdays last summer but it didn't work so it was changed back to Fridays last month.

It didn't work?

Mexico will be disadvantaged then compared to other countries, and against Brazil....So for The Avengers 2 it will Fri-Sun then? That means we will have to compare FF7 and Avengers 2 Fri-Sun numbers!

Edited by Yoshi
  • Like 1

It didn't work?

Mexico will be disadvantaged then compared to other countries, and against Brazil....So for The Avengers 2 it will Fri-Sun then? That means we will have to compare FF7 and Avengers 2 Fri-Sun numbers!

It opens in Mexico on Labor Day weekend but I don't know if it opens on Thursday, the day before the holiday, or on Holiday Friday. Some mexican sites say Thu and some Fri. Presales start this week.

• Like 1

Here in France, The Avengers 2 --> April 22

I will watch it this day at 8pm :wub: :wub: :wub:

It opens in Mexico on Labor Day weekend but I don't know if it opens on Thursday, the day before the holiday, or on Holiday Friday. Some mexican sites say Thu and some Fri. Presales start this week.

I pray for Thursday :D

• Like 1

Here in Spain it opens on the 30th. One day earlier than usual because of the holiday Friday. I will go that day ;)

That won't be easy to come here with all the potential spoilers and the excitement ^^" Good luck :ph34r:

O filme teve a maior abertura já registrada na história do cinema nacional, com estimativa de 2,3 milhões de espectadores logo em seu primeiro final de semana e renda prevista de cerca de R$ 37 milhões.

Furious 7 had 2,3 admissions and R$ 37 million on its opening weekend. CinePOP isn't considering the BD2 previews, so accoding to then, F7 is the best opening ever.

• Like 2

O filme teve a maior abertura já registrada na história do cinema nacional, com estimativa de 2,3 milhões de espectadores logo em seu primeiro final de semana e renda prevista de cerca de R$ 37 milhões.

Furious 7 had 2,3 admissions and R$ 37 million on its opening weekend. CinePOP isn't considering the BD2 previews, so accoding to then, F7 is the best opening ever.

In that regard it is very impressive, however TA2 could shatter this record in 2 weeks...Really a fascinating month :D

37m in real = 10.9m in dollar ? LOL

Blame it on weak Brazilian economy and the strong US economy...

• Like 1

1 Furious 7 36.900.000

2 Cinderella 10.300.000

3 Insurgent 4.762.400

4 Focus 1.344.500

5 Still Alice 267.100

6 O sal da Terra 217.900

7 50 Shades 176.200

8 Kingsman 169.300

9 The Boy Next Door 161.900

Filme B

Cinderella still held very well :o

• Like 2

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-IMAX-HR-1.jpg

Damn, I just can't wait for the release of The Avengers AoU! The last time I got as much excited for the box office of a movie was for the release of Frozen :wub:

It will be so huge, so exciting, so fascinating :wub:B)  And Elizabeth Olsen is the cherry on top :wub:

• Like 1

Now we need to see what kind of legs FF7 will have, because it needs to have a great hold to enjoy its competition-free days until the coming of Avengers 2.

With good legs $30m is a given, with bad legs it's uncertain.