Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

That's not a matter of price, I'm a student from a modest family and I have other interests outside cinema so I just watch the movies I really want watch, I don't "test" movies to see if I could like them, I just watch those I'm certain to like. Never disappointed :)

Are you a fan of the old Star Wars movies?

Are you a fan of the old Star Wars movies?

I like them, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan. However I watched Star Wars Episode III in a cinema when it was released, and it's my favorite SW movie. I never cared so much about Star Wars as a whole, for some reasons..But since Disney bought Lucas Art and announced a new trilogy I completely gained interest in this franchise, I try to make up the time I lost by trying to know more about it and I watch the new TV show Star Wars Rebels that I like pretty well :) SW7 seems to be the real entry of SW in the 21st century : more impressive, more modern, ambitious, different while being similar...So I'm not a fan but I could become one, I feel it :)

• Like 1

I like them, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan. However I watched Star Wars Episode III in a cinema when it was released, and it's my favorite SW movie. I never cared so much about Star Wars as a whole, for some reasons..But since Disney bought Lucas Art and announced a new trilogy I completely gained interest in this franchise, I try to make up the time I lost by trying to know more about it and I watch the new TV show Star Wars Rebels that I like pretty well :) SW7 seems to be the real entry of SW in the 21st century : more impressive, more modern, ambitious, different while being similar...So I'm not a fan but I could become one, I feel it :)

I'm excited for SW7 too, but I'm also not a fan of the old movies. Do you like the recent Star Trek movies?

I'm excited for SW7 too, but I'm also not a fan of the old movies. Do you like the recent Star Trek movies?

I just watched the first Star Trek movie from 2009, not the second movie. I'm ill-at-ease about the movies because while they're good, the fact is I never watched the TV series, I almost know nothing about Star Trek so I feel I miss many things, many references, I just don't like that. A remake in movies would please me more, allowing people to know the characters and the universe over the time

• Like 1

Marvel Comics ‘Damage Control’ Adapted As Comedy TV Series By ABC

Damage Control joins another superhero-themed half-hour comedy project, DC’s Powerless, which has a pilot production commitment at NBC.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/marvel-damage-control-tv-series-comedy-abc-1201566243/

I don't like to be a hater, but this is getting ridiculous. They changed Captain America 3 and turned it into a Iron Man v Cap. America after Batman v Superman. They finally announced a female superhero movie after DC announced Wonder Woman. They split the next Avengers in 2 parts after DC announced Justice League part 1 and 2. And now this? Come on.

Marvel Comics ‘Damage Control’ Adapted As Comedy TV Series By ABC

Damage Control joins another superhero-themed half-hour comedy project, DC’s Powerless, which has a pilot production commitment at NBC.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/marvel-damage-control-tv-series-comedy-abc-1201566243/

I don't like to be a hater, but this is getting ridiculous. They changed Captain America 3 and turned it into a Iron Man v Cap. America after Batman v Superman. They finally announced a female superhero movie after DC announced Wonder Woman. They split the next Avengers in 2 parts after DC announced Justice League part 1 and 2. And now this? Come on.

No, it's not ridiculous. What do you think Marvel is? A charity? A NGO? They're here to be profitable, it's an economic war for market shares, they just don't want to be beaten..What did you expect? To let WB/DC doing whatever they want without reacting? And by the way your post is just wrong : you talk like Marvel is just the only one copying...Without The Avengers you wouldn't even have a Batman vs Superman or a Justice League. As for Captain America 3 they were totally right to do that : not only is it more exciting but it has a chance at competing with Batman vs Superman while undermining that last one, strategically speaking it's very smart, it's called competition and it's totally fair.

No, it's not ridiculous. What do you think Marvel is? A charity? A NGO? They're here to be profitable, it's an economic war for market shares, they just don't want to be beaten..What did you expect? To let WB/DC doing whatever they want without reacting? And by the way your post is just wrong : you talk like Marvel is just the only one copying...Without The Avengers you wouldn't even have a Batman vs Superman or a Justice League. As for Captain America 3 they were totally right to do that : not only is it more exciting but it has a chance at competing with Batman vs Superman while undermining that last one, strategically speaking it's very smart, it's called competition and it's totally fair.

WB is doing a DC movie universe without copying Marvel. They are even setting up the team in a very different way.

WB is doing a DC movie universe without copying Marvel. They are even setting up the team in a very different way.

For the sake of doing things differently? No, they just do that because they're late to the game and don't have the time to set up a universe and characters over the time, that's why they took Man of Steel 2 and turned it into a Batman vs Superman, they try to be quick and efficient. It's also a show of weakness in some way : they don't believe in Superman becoming a big and profitable franchise, they had to put Batman into the equation. DC makes what they have to do, but don't be naive about how market and economic competition work : there is no good guys or evil copycats, it's just fair competition.People feeling otherwise are just fanboys.