Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

What a disappointment the opening ceremony!!! I was expecting so much more...

I think you're talking for all of us. Well, as least for me and my friends u are.

What a dreadful opening ceremony.

Edited by Wally
  • Like 2

The country which shouldn't win imo :Brazil,Spain,Argentina,France,UK,Germany,Italy.I don't hate them and it's unlikely all of them fail,but a country which never won a WC suddenly winning and reaching these giants would be funnier and exciting,it's always the same bunch of countries.I know the US team and their trainer work hard to reach the top,but as their coach said it's unlikely to be this year,but they're a strong contender for 2016 or 2020.

Wow,we recently talked about violence in Brazil,but the crime stats are even scarier this way..Brazil (200 million inhabitants) got 56,000 murders in 2013.In comparison the United States with a much bigger population (317 million) got 11,000 murders last year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/world-cup-2014-opening-match-711689

ESPN scores a 3.2 overnight rating, the best performance for a World Cup Opener on record for the U.S.

15.87 million German viewer – 62.6 percent of the viewing public - tuned in to network ZDF for the game

In the U.K., a total of 12.6 million viewers, or 52.9 percent of the audience, caught ITV's broadcast

In France, 46.5 percent of the audience, or 8.7 million viewers, saw the game, while in Italy the match drew 9.1 million viewers for a 41.1. percent share.

Telecinco scored 8.4 million viewers, a 43 percent share, in soccer-mad Spain

• Like 4

Wow,soccer is really popular in Germany and Europe at a lesser extent,a bit too much in my opinion.

If it's healthy enthusiasm the more the better in my opinion. When it leads to racism and death threats by mail then it becomes a problem.  

If it's healthy enthusiasm the more the better in my opinion. When it leads to racism and death threats by mail then it becomes a problem.

Probably.But still,such an enthusiasm for a bunch of undereducated idiots chasing after a ball isn't easy to understand.I mean,it can be popular,but that much? The social aspect?I remember when France won in 1998 it was crazy outside with people shouting everywhere,I never understood why.^^"Usually I just watch the final and watch the other matches' results on the web with Google :pDon't take it personally guys but my nights are better spent with my TV shows ^^'And yet,from a statistical point of view I love the WC with all the bets and forecasts,every of us has its own reason to be invested in it :P Edited by Fullbuster

Probably.But still,such an enthusiasm for a bunch of undereducated idiots chasing after a ball isn't easy to understand.I mean,it can be popular,but that much? The social aspect?I remember when France won in 1998 it was crazy outside with people shouting everywhere,I never understood why.^^"Usually I just watch the final and watch the other matches' results on the web with Google :PDon't take it personally guys but my nights are better spent with my TV shows ^^'And yet,from a statistical point of view I love the WC with all the bets and forecasts,every of us has its own reason to be invested in it :P

National pride mostly. Say a French director made a French film and it won the Oscar for best picture, don't tell me you wouldn't be proud as a Frenchman :P it's basically the same thing. 

National pride mostly. Say a French director made a French film and it won the Oscar for best picture, don't tell me you wouldn't be proud as a Frenchman :P it's basically the same thing.

Proud? Probably a bit I guess.I'm more of an innovation lover,my admiration mostly go to people creating and inventing things.In France we could be better at that,even if the talent is here the political will and the required budgets are quite lacking.