Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

31 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm talking about the total in R$, not ADMs

and this excuse of 50% screens is stupid as hell, nobody would watch a movie just because it was the 'only option', especially the third installment of a franchise, MJ2 had obligation to do more and period, SW7 didn't need 50% of every screen to make more than all the previous movies here, and unlike THG, this shit was never big here 

All started with the District 3 Engineer's post about the attendance of HG movies. What's wrong reading some posts before you say anything?
Of course it have to do. The MJ1 occupancy across multiple screens gave few movie options. This is a great marketing strategy. Occupy as much room as possible and not give many options. That was one of the reasons which limited the screens occupations per movie for up to 35% (not 30%).
SW7 do not needed it. You really think MJ1 managed to 1.9M in the opening only on its own merits? For goodness sake.
Look at the multiples of MJ1 And MJ2. Both opened on a Wednesday, and what was more frontloaded? Of course, what had ~50% of the screens at the beginning of the run.

Edited by alisson23

12 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

All started with the District 3 Engineer's post about the attendance of HG movies. What's wrong reading some posts before you say anything?
Of course it have to do. The MJ1 occupancy across multiple screens gave few movie options. This is a great marketing strategy. Occupy as much room as possible and not give many options. That was one of the reasons which limited the screens occupations per movie for up to 35% (not 30%).
SW7 do not needed it. You really think MJ1 managed to 1.9M in the opening only on its own merits? For goodness sake.
Look at the multiples of MJ1 And MJ2. Both opened on a Wednesday, and what was more frontloaded? Of course, what had ~50% of the screens at the beginning of the run.

The reason why MJ1 was more front loaded is simple, it had two things that MJ2 didn't have: previews + a holiday in the middle of the week to boost the OW

All that I'm saying is: MJ2 had obligation to make way more for being the last movie, it didn't make, and it was because it lost public after the peak of the franchise with MJ1, and not because it didn't have 50% of screens, as SW7 showed, you don't need to have 50% of screens to have a huge OW when you have the interest of public 

32 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Her last album was a limited release just for the fans, of course it wouldn't set the charts on fire.

The Boy Next Door was a massive hit for its budget.

All TV shows have a big drop in week two. 

The ticket for her Vegas residency are too expensive.

"Tickets too expensive, album for fans" :rofl: 

I can't wait to read your excuses once that BVS don't break the record 

15 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The reason why MJ1 was more front loaded is simple, it had two things that MJ2 didn't have: previews + a holiday in the middle of the week to boost the OW

All that I'm saying is: MJ2 had obligation to make way more for being the last movie, it didn't make, and it was because it lost public after the peak of the franchise with MJ1, and not because it didn't have 50% of screens, as SW7 showed, you don't need to have 50% of screens to have a huge OW when you have the interest of public 

November 20 is not a national holiday. MJ2 had this state holiday in some places at OW too, since it was released on a Wednesday, November 18. MJ1 was released on a Wednesday as well. As MJ1 Showed, you need to occupy 50% of the screens if you are not SW7 to have a bump on OW.

Edited by alisson23

I just watched Point Break and it was kinda cool. Very solid and entertaining action film. So ridiculous to see this with a 10% RT score, while some garbages with tons of flaws like Age Of Ultron are certified fresh. From now on I'll never let the critics kill my excitement for any movie. I should have learned my lesson after Joy not getting a +98%.

• Like 2

On 29/1/2016 at 2:23 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Being honest or don't, 10M probably will break the OW record since it already "sold" 3M of tickets, but it is the first movie in the history of cinema to break an OW record with the cinemas completely empty lol 

That doesn't count, or at least that shouldn't, a religious organization buying tickets is so.."cheaty" :ph34r:

On 29/1/2016 at 4:38 PM, Napoleon said:

I can't understand how people in this forum call it overrated, seriously :popcorn:

I didn't see The Revenant, Room and Brooklyn yet, but Fury Road is easily the best among the other 5 BP nominations.

Not really my style, the universe is a bit empty and gloomy for me, but still when it comes to this genre it was certainly entertaining and impressive :)

On 31/1/2016 at 9:15 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

@Napoleon

Have you checked Box Office today? They're currently predicting a $154m OW for BVS, it would be only $2m bigger than the THG record, despite the 3D (and also, a total below THG & CF), oh, and usually their first predictions are always bigger than the real number, it means that BVS has big chances of not breaking the THG record, poor you if this happens :rofl: 

You shouldn't laugh, MJ2 showed us how bad you are when it comes to predicting BO numbers :ph34r:BVS will beat this, I'm pretty sure of that unless the movie is bad or lame.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2016 at 2:45 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I should be impressed, really, but I'm not, not after learning this religious organization bought so many tickets and probably helped the movie when it comes to promotion and advertising. That's not really possible to compare with other movies.

Disney didn't need to do such a thing for Star Wars, REAL people were there :P

• Like 1

On 2/2/2016 at 3:04 PM, Napoleon said:

Yeah, it was the 4th biggest OW in admissions, with the first 3 being:

Twilight 4 - 3,1M

Avengers 2 - 2,3M

Furious 7 - 2,2M

It could still end up in #2 when final numbers are revealed.

Star Wars 7 had 1,8M.

All that data I got from here: http://www.adorocinema.com/noticias/filmes/noticia-119015/

Twilight was so high, will it be passed someday? :ph34r:

On 3/2/2016 at 2:19 AM, A District 3 Engineer said:

What did I tell you?

Decreased from estimates.

Bilhetes
Bilhetes totais
Semana
2.119.873 2.119.873 1

I feel so brazilian right now, I do already know how your market works :P

Wow! Now you can emigrate to Braziil to escape the crisis in a much more prosperous nation..Oh wait no :lol:

17 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Omg, I just saw that Deadpool is getting midnight previews here, I didn't expect it to be big here :o 

I'm gonna buy my tickets today once that I watch PB 

I'm quite late to the party, I didn't even know Deadpool would be released so early :o That's how busy I am now :P