Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I finally watched Fantastic Beasts!

I must say it clearly : I LOVED IT! To be honest I'm shocked to see it's around 75% on RT because the movie I watched is more deserving of a 90%+, no less!

Kowalski and Queenie are really funny and adorable, Newt could seem detached and asocial but he's really sweet in the end.

Apart from the characters the strength of this film is this beautiful world out there, mixing the classy New York from the 20s to the Wizarding World to give us something unique : we know it but we don't know it that much. I liked the animals, particularly the thief :P

I liked Doctor Strange but I loved Fantastic Beasts even more, more than I thought I would, I'm completely charmed. If you still hesitate : don't! And watch this, you're likely to be convinced :D

And you Napo? Did you like it? :D

Glad to hear you loved it. I'm very excited. It only starts in 3 and a half hours for me, and I will see Arrival before it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

When is Moana opening in Brazil?

In January. January 5 if I remember well. They saw it was really helpful for The Good Dinosaur so they decided to do the same with Moana..Plus that would avoid confrontation with Sing.

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/fantastic-beasts-where-find-them-movie-poster.jpeg

FANTASTIC BEASTS OW VS HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOW PART 2 OW IN LOCAL CURRENCY

FANTASTIC BEASTS : R$21.5m (estimation)

Harry Potter DH2 : R$18m

A really good start. Because of the ER it won't be able to be even close to DH2, unfortunately..But in local currency it could really beat it in the end, Brazil is doing the job :)

• Like 1

http://www.tvqc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Screen_Shot_2016-07-15_at_3.40.37_AM_3.png

DOCTOR STRANGE FINALLY ENTERED THE TOP 10 OF THE YEAR, REACHING THE 9TH RANK WITH R$63m AND PASSING PETS (R$62m)

That's an amazing feat for a new franchise, comicbook movies are more popular than ever in Brazil :excited:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I am really happy for FB's gross here. Both times I watched it the audience seemed to really enjoy it - lots of laughing, seriously a lot of it. Wonderful movie, it deserves it.

That's good to hear :) I felt the same thing while I was watching it, people loved it :)

INCREDIBLE : Doctor Strange, with R$62.9m, passed....

...Batman The Dark Knight Rises (55m), Amazing Spider-Man 2 (55.2m), Harry Potter DH2 (57.1m), Amazing Spider-Man (60.5m), Thor 2 (61.7m) and Captain America 2 (62.8m).

It is now the 33rd biggest movie of all time in Brazil, and it should pass X-Men DOFT and X-Men Apocalypse. Entering the top 25 of all-time is possible.

It did really well in Brazil that's for sure, with 2012's exchange rate Strange would be around $35m right now in USD :o

• Like 2