Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

You don't have an army in Brazil? I don't get how criminals can control so many areas.

what? I didn't say that. Man, Brazil crime/violence is just like in any other country, but in way bigger quantity. Criminals may control some favelas, but they don't have any influence outside of it (but I wouldn't know this for certain because my city doesn't have a favela and I never been in one. I've never been in the most dangerous neighborhoods of my city either). I never was robbed (mainly because I moved to my current city just two years ago), but everyone that I know here were robbed at least once. 

Edited by Goffe

what? I didn't say that. Man, Brazil crime/violence is just like in any other country, but in way bigger quantity. Criminals may control some favelas, but they don't have any influence outside of it (but I wouldn't know this for certain because my city doesn't have a favela and I never been in one. I've never been in the most dangerous neighborhoods of my city either). I never was robbed (mainly because I moved here just two years ago), but everyone that I know here were robbed at least once.

From a European point of view that's not conforting lolI really hope Brazil can decrease crime over the time,it's a very beautiful country and the touristic potential is huge.Crime could hinder that.

Which are more dangerous?

Northeast capitals like Fortaleza, João Pessoa, Salvador, Sâo Luís, Maceió, Recife... 

The southern part of Rio is pretty safe, some parts of the city are really dangerous, though.

São Paulo has a lot of crime, but it also has 10million+ people, so the number of cases per capita isn't that high. I think it's the safest big city to visit along with Florianópolis.

RE: Dragon 2 dismal performance

Family & kids audience are affected by the Soccer fever?

I think this is just a case of saturated market place.

Those superhero movies are the ones which are creating

the fatigue. They are the one who draw the family audience

earlier in the summer: CA2 & TASM2. By the time Godzilla

& XM:DOFP rolled out, the GA had enough of action

movies which Dragon 2 is full of, instead of cute, cuddly

animals & slapstick jokes.

I don't think that these numbers are bad last weekend thursday was a holiday and many schools were off friday too.This weekend, the was no holiday and There was an important game saturday.And maleficent only fell 50%. That's good.

• Like 1

RE: Dragon 2 dismal performance

Family & kids audience are affected by the Soccer fever?

I think this is just a case of saturated market place.

Those superhero movies are the ones which are creating

the fatigue. They are the one who draw the family audience

earlier in the summer: CA2 & TASM2. By the time Godzilla

& XM:DOFP rolled out, the GA had enough of action

movies which Dragon 2 is full of, instead of cute, cuddly

animals & slapstick jokes.

Every single person is affected by the soccer fever, some theaters don't even show movies during the game.

• Like 2

Weekend Top 4 (according to FilmeB)1- HTTYD 2, $2.93m2- TFioS, $2.20m3- Maleficent, $1.71m4- DoFP, $0.65m

That's better :DWhat is the total for Maleficent and DOFP?TFioS is really impressive and unexpected.Brazil is its biggest OS market I guess?

Every single person is affected by the soccer fever, some theaters don't even show movies during the game.

The WC is really too lengthy,2 weeks should be enough. Edited by Fullbuster

That's better :DWhat is the total for Maleficent and DOFP?TFioS is really impressive and unexpected.Brazil is its biggest OS market I guess?

For totals we must wait until BOM post them tonight. But both movies should be over $27m

Total Admissions (from adorocinema)

DoFP 4519579

Maleficent 4512484

• Like 1