Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Kongzilla repeats on top, Civil War and Abigail underperform

14 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Why you don't like 4-day weekends? 

As a BO loonie because it makes harder to put comps up to movies that had a regular FSS first frame. 

As a moviegoer because my schedule has always worked better with midnights on Friday rather than Thursday, usually I have Friday off so no worries about sleeping only 1-2 hours 😅

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

CM total 320M lc up to Thursday, around $16.5M.  It did 73.3M lc from Mon-Thu, quite good for a non-holiday period and 3.5 times more than the rest of the Top 10 combined.

Dragon 3 is this close to reach 400M lc! 394.5M and counting.

Still on a pretty high number of screens so $410M+ after Sunday look good. 

It's quite strange how HTTYD3 has performed on weekdays, it slow a lot but then have the most impressive weekends. Hope can make it to $400M

8 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Friday overseas estimates.

Till Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri

Mexico 13.7 1 0.9 0.9 1

If that Fri estimate holds then this is worrisome, would put on table the worst 2nd weekend drop for the MCU and $700M out of reach, damn, maybe even $600M off the table. 

It's even more terrifying since Wed is always the bigger weekday thanks to cheaper tickets but this wasn't the case.

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Not to derail from the Captain Marvel spectacle, but I was curious what the possibility of TLK over $1b lc would be? 

Low probability. The highest grossing live animation movie from Disney is Maleficent at 596M lc, BATB did 568M lc.

I say 600M-700M lc could happen.

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Not to derail from the Captain Marvel spectacle, but I was curious what the possibility of TLK over $1b lc would be? 

Right now I doubt that can happen, while I think it'll be big also don't think can turn out into a phenomenon a la Coco/Infinity War. 

As time passes and we're getting closer to it and we see the performance of titles like Dumbo and Aladdin then all could be clearer.

18 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

If that Fri estimate holds then this is worrisome, would put on table the worst 2nd weekend drop for the MCU and $700M out of reach, damn, maybe even $600M off the table.

I'd be very surprised with $1M Fri after those strong weekdays. Unless, people are waiting for Monday bank holiday to see it.

18 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

It's even more terrifying since Wed is always the bigger weekday thanks to cheaper tickets but this wasn't the case.

No. No. I just estimated that amount for overall estimate. I have no idea abt that part off world.

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Right now I doubt that can happen, while I think it'll be big also don't think can turn out into a phenomenon a la Coco/Infinity War. 

As time passes and we're getting closer to it and we see the performance of titles like Dumbo and Aladdin then all could be clearer.

That's fair. The one reason I'm hoping/expecting for a bit of a break out is because the 2011 re-release of TLK in 3D did almost $5.9 million USD. By comparison, the 2012 re-release of BATB did under $500k USD. 

Obviously I don't think TLK (2019) will do 10x as much as the recent BATB, but I am hoping for double :P

33 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

That's fair. The one reason I'm hoping/expecting for a bit of a break out is because the 2011 re-release of TLK in 3D did almost $5.9 million USD. By comparison, the 2012 re-release of BATB did under $500k USD. 

Obviously I don't think TLK (2019) will do 10x as much as the recent BATB, but I am hoping for double :P

Yeah, actually I already posted twice this year about that stunning 3D run (cause it also had a 9x multi) and also the record-breaking run from the play/musical when it played on Mexico City. Those factors (and others like the wonderful ratings every time it's broadcasted on TV) have been contributing to my high expectations and have made me believe that it can even upset TS4 as #2 of the year. But yeah, right now is about be careful with early crazy numbers.

• Like 1