Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Inside Out 2 opens to mind-blowing $30.2M, 2nd highest 4-day lc OW ever!

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

CANACINE is all over the place, not including BTS and showing weekly rather than weekend figures.

Not sure if it's an error, but The Batman total = 428.8M lc.  If it holds, then it passed Wonder Woman and The Dark Night Rises in lc (but not in audience) and it's now the #6 DCU movie in gross.

Rank Top 50 Title Release Gross (lc) Audience
1 7 Joker 04/10/2019 $858,082,328 15,079,853
2 19 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 24/03/2016 $630,814,940 13,261,158
3 25 Aquaman 13/12/2018 $610,109,497 11,549,680
4 36 Suicide Squad 05/08/2016 $514,745,207 9,938,506
5 45 Justice League 17/11/2017 $472,799,261 9,312,942
6   The Batman 02/03/2022 $428,000,000 5,800,000

Do you think it will end in number 2? Looking at the legs seems likely...

CANACINE is all over the place, not including BTS and showing weekly rather than weekend figures.

Not sure if it's an error, but The Batman total = 428.8M lc.  If it holds, then it passed Wonder Woman and The Dark Night Rises in lc (but not in audience) and it's now the #6 DCU movie in gross.

According to CACACINE, last Week's total accumulated for BATMAN was $245.7m and again According to them, this week's total is - $172.2m, which gives us a total of $417.97m.  They messed up the additon.

image.png

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

tickets got  that expensive? 

For BTS? Yes. I think the ratio compared to average was the highest of the whole continent and among the biggest overall; $300 ($15 USD) lc for regular and PLF shows and $400 lc ($20 USD) for VIP shows 

Not surprised about CANACINE not reporting it. Since 2018 they usually exclude grosses from that kind of content with a few exceptions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Has Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 pre-sales started in Mexico 🥺

They started today. It's getting a full week in a good number of theatres; it's wider than SAO or Digimon in shows but not at the level of Mugen Train.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Carlangonz said:

They started today. It's getting a full week in a good number of theatres; it's wider than SAO or Digimon in shows but not at the level of Mugen Train.

Will it debut No.1?? How are critics exclaim in Mexico?? If possible please track the pre-sales!!

I just want to recommend you the movie!!!!! Please watch it on IMAX/4DX + Sub!! I will be eagerly waiting for your review!! 🥺

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Will it debut No.1?? How are critics exclaim in Mexico?? If possible please track the pre-sales!!

Not sure about No. 1 since Batman will remain strong but hopefully manages to pull a nice number. I'll wait for a while before checking PS since it rolled out quietly and without any announcement.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:44 AM, Issac Newton said:

I just want to recommend you the movie!!!!! Please watch it on IMAX/4DX + Sub!! I will be eagerly waiting for your review!! 🥺

Seems like no IMAX or 4DX atm. Could get them after Morbius if demand is there like they did for Mugen Train. On the other hand sub shows are selling way better than dubbed. Sales are well spread through the weekend in 1st tier cities given a lack of screens

• Thanks 1

Ambulance is getting as many shows as The Bad Guys , but with higher prices Jake's flick may open higher, even if kids are screaming for a new animation. Both way behind of The Batman screens, so the caped crusader should go back to #1, short of 500M lc.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1

Well well, The Batman did cross the half-a-billion lc threshold after all! Total is $24.7M, with ER fluctuations it could be anything between 506 and 514M lc.

I think it's beating Batman v Superman by a hair unless remains with strong late legs a la NWH. Magnificent result. Tomorrow's holiday will work well for it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carlangonz said:

I think it's beating Batman v Superman by a hair unless remains with strong late legs a la NWH. Magnificent result. Tomorrow's holiday will work well for it. 

With some Semana Santa luck it can reach 700M lc, Deadline is reporting a drop of just 45%.

Either CANACINE is rounding things up, or The Batman had a huge increase over the estimates. Total is now a fantastic 532.1M lc with 7.4 million tickets sold. It is now the second highest grossing movie of the pandemic.

The Bad Guys is #2 with a decent 38.2M lc OW ($1.9M), followed by Ambulance with 20.2M lc ($1M).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been playing with inflation and damn; it's really upsetting the loss in audience and ER volatility. For upcoming releases:

• Sonic 2 can afford to lose 20% in admissions compared to first title and would gross pretty much the same in lc and less than 4% loss in USD. $15M+
  • Fantastic Beasts 3. It can collect the same admissions as the latest in the installment (which was down 20% from first FB) and still become the highest grosser of the threequel (in lc and USD). $15M+
  • For Multiverse of Madness is reasonable to expect admissions somewhere between Iron Man 3 and Civil War which would take it somewhere between Avengers and Infinity War in lc and above Ultron in USD. $50M+
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Either CANACINE is rounding things up, or The Batman had a huge increase over the estimates. Total is now a fantastic 532.1M lc with 7.4 million tickets sold. It is now the second highest grossing movie of the pandemic.

I think they added holiday figures but not sure