Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Joyful $68.4M Tuesday total for those pesky emotions

Deadline: Fast X has a running cume of $4.2M through Thursday. Yesterday’s $2.1M take was above both F9 and Hobbs & Shaw.

What are the odds of both America and Guadalajara playing a semi-final this weekend, throwing a bit of regio audience as well! 3 biggest markets.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

What are the odds of both America and Guadalajara playing a semi-final this weekend, throwing a bit of regio audience as well! 3 biggest markets.

Sat and Sun prime time! Rating close to 12M on Thu match so yeah must be quite an impact

On 5/17/2023 at 4:54 PM, Carlangonz said:

THE LITTLE MERMAID - T-8 DAYS

1,092 sold / 17,685 total available (+40.36% from T-10)

THE LITTLE MERMAID - T-6 DAYS

1,393 sold / 17,685 total available (+27.56% from T-8)

Nice hold all things considered. I'm leaning a $110M-$120M 4-Day opening

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 12:58 PM, Carlangonz said:

SPIDERMAN - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE (First 12 hours) - 2,203/15,696

SPIDERMAN: ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE (First 36 hours) 

4,876 sold / 19,284 total available 

x0.54 of Guardians of the Galaxy OD incl Previews (T-6 Hours)

Great start. Way above any recent comp and aiming to a huge start.

Sidenote: It's been confirmed by Warner Bros that tickets for The Flash go on sale June 1st.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 2

CANACINE published the report for the First Quarter of 2023, with data up to May 15.

• Gross is almost 6B lc, 67% higher than 2022 and a mere 12% behind 2019. Hard to estimate the USD total due to the ER fluctuations so let's say between $320-350M.
  • On the other hand, even though the 88M tickets sold had an increase of 66%, compared to a year ago, they have fallen 30% since the pandemic. It will take a couple of years to recover.
  • Anual ticket price increased 2% to 67.5 lc, highest ever.
  • All Top 10 movies grossed over 150M lc each. Top 5 are Mario, GOTG3, Avatar 2, PIB2 and Quantumania.

https://canacine.org.mx/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Resultados-1er-cuatrimestre-2023.pdf

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

5 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Deadline: Fast X has a running cume of $4.2M through Thursday. Yesterday’s $2.1M take was above both F9 and Hobbs & Shaw.

Wouldn't this game also have like nationwide appeal and impact numbers everywhere? I imagine America and Chivas have a lot of fans everywhere in Mexico

1 hour ago, Flamengo81 said:

Wouldn't this game also have like nationwide appeal and impact numbers everywhere? I imagine America and Chivas have a lot of fans everywhere in Mexico

I'd say yes, impact isn't regional but nationwide. I think Wednesday was deflated as well because the other semifinal was Tigres-Monterrey; both teams from northern city Monterrey -3rd largest market- which is an area I wasn't looking at so impact must've been bigger in border cities compared to center and south.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I'd say yes, impact isn't regional but nationwide. I think Wednesday was deflated as well because the other semifinal was Tigres-Monterrey; both teams from northern city Monterrey -3rd largest market- which is an area I wasn't looking at so impact must've been bigger in border cities compared to center and south.

So a lot of big teams into the playoffs this year then...

I hope that America wins so Televisa becomes happy and just makes an agreement with Chespirito group so we can watch Chaves here in Brazil again 😅🤞 

• Haha 2

Rise of the Beasts sales go live this Thursday. Shows are already up and unlike ATSV and TLM this one is actually holding Wed night previews starting 7:00PM. 

Having to get comps throughout the summer is going to kill me with all these different strategies 🫠

• Like 2