filmlover

The Bikeriders | 6/21/2024 | Focus | Jodie Comer, Austin Butler, Tom Hardy | Jeff Nichols

This was...solid. That's the only word that comes to mind after having seen it. The thing is there's not much more I can say about it. There were no stand out performances, although Norman Reedus was fun. Someone else here said it best when they said the movie doesn't have another gear. It's just a good, solid story with a nice theme about belonging somewhere. I also liked how it touched on how something like a motorcycle club can grow a little out of control and into something that it was never supposed to be. It had a bit of a haunting ending, which I actually liked.

• Like 3

Does not sound like the type of review that will get buts in seats.  Hopefully with its 40M budget it makes enough.  I can see it making a good amount of that money back on home media.

Thought this was quite weak to be honest. No characters stood out at all, the plot meandered and was all style and no substance (it so badly wants to be Goodfellas on bikes, but it just feels like the CliffsNotes version of Sons of Anarchy). I didn’t hate it, but it’s very forgettable.

• Like 1