filmlover

The Bikeriders | 6/21/2024 | Focus | Jodie Comer, Austin Butler, Tom Hardy | Jeff Nichols

I just think it's so nice to have Tom Hardy being in genuinely good movies again. 

I standby that this has potential for a mini breakout/decent performance. And I think this is a better trailer in that it shows a lot of the violence and action and focuses on the guys and the gang. But the trailer is making very little splash online from what I'm seeing. Focus/Uni's gotta push it a little more

• Like 1

Honestly this probably isn't destined to do great regardless as a period drama that clearly isn't an awards contender. That its original studio easily gave it up after it had already been screened during the fall festivals indicated that nobody knows what to do with this.

So much of this movie looks like pretty boys posing to me. Like it's very obvious I'm watching theatre kids performing their impression of what they think tough people are like.

2 hours ago, AJG said:

So much of this movie looks like pretty boys posing to me. Like it's very obvious I'm watching theatre kids performing their impression of what they think tough people are like.

Literally could not think of who you're talking about other than Butler, who looks cool anyway. Hardy, Damon Herriman, Michael Shannon, Norman Reedus, etc all come across as rugged and rough