The Wild Eric

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

Very few schools/companies get Easter Monday as a holiday. That Mon # is basically a regular Monday one, $20m is crazy strong. No way at this point I see it missing 600. Not sure why anyone would debate 500, that is as locked as that term gets. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Btw, does anyone have both the all time 3 day and 5 day opening records for non-sequels? This has to be way way up there right? Especially since I think stuff like Avengers 1 and Jurassic World should still count as sequels since they come chronologically after existing films in their franchise. 

Forgot about the easy access BOM OW list lol. Looks like it’s only below Black Panther,  Captain Marvel, TLK and BatB remakes, and Hunger Games. But of course, those all opened on Friday.

Almost surely would have jumped over all but BP and maybe TLK with Friday opening. Then of course, you get into dicey water with saying any of the MCU stuff not named Iron Man 1 isn’t a sequel. Two of those are also remakes. So yeah, this opening really is in a category all it’s own. 

45 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Very few schools/companies get Easter Monday as a holiday. That Mon # is basically a regular Monday one, $20m is crazy strong. No way at this point I see it missing 600. Not sure why anyone would debate 500, that is as locked as that term gets. 

All the schools by me have this week off and I believe most schools here in New York have off this week as well.  That's a lot of schools and a lot of people that have this week off.

39 minutes ago, bryaalre said:

All the schools by me have this week off and I believe most schools here in New York have off this week as well.  That's a lot of schools and a lot of people that have this week off.

I guess it’s a lot different in this region of the country then, since I’ve never heard of SB being this late at schools I’m familiar with. When I worked at Disney World, we pretty much considered the season over by this point. Less familiar with the east coast though. 

53 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I guess it’s a lot different in this region of the country then, since I’ve never heard of SB being this late at schools I’m familiar with. When I worked at Disney World, we pretty much considered the season over by this point. Less familiar with the east coast though. 

The southern states have traditionally had SB in march. Further up north this is normal timing, especially since most schools aren't getting out till sometime in June. Here in TX like 95% of schools were done during the 2 middle weeks of March, but like 90% were out Friday and most were out yesterday before going back today. It's quite broad all around. 

Deadline showing that 40% of K12s were out yesterday nationwide shows the great inflation, which will again be noted when it drops decently today (while still being inflated.) 

• Like 1