KINGDOM

princess-peach-mario-movie.gif

HERE

16b4efa17bc70e2c83583abb8869ae652a0ac92c

WE

giphy.gif

COME

tumblr_ohin99O9uE1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

First of all, happy first day of Passover to all our wonderful and beautiful Jewish members. I’m sure you all are excited to partake in your annual viewing of both Uncut Gems and that one episode of Rugrats. And I’m sure you’re also excited to partake in an epic weekend consisting of 90s Nintendo and Nike nostalgia...and I guess Bob Ross nostalgia for you older folks.

Yes indeed, after years and years of hype, Nintendo has finally returned to the world that is cinema. 1993’s first attempt was...flawed, but over the decades, Nintendo is a whole new beast. With tons of hit consoles and Mario upping itself with masterclass game after game after game, the franchise is the biggest it has ever been. And because of that, we're getting a new movie from the people who brought us the Minions. While reviews are...flawed, the film promises to be an incredible nostalgia dose for Nintendo fans and full of fan service for anybody who played a Mario game since 1985. Kids and adults are tracking like crazy, with this set to be a monster this Easter weekend. The real question isn't what it will make, but how high will it go?

This will be an exciting weekend for us box office nerds and the industry, as video game movies are looking to be the hip new thing as superhero movies find themselves on the decline, and this will be the biggest kids movie in a long, long time. Will this momentum carry into the summer? Only time will tell. But for now, let's just enjoy the fun. But to have fun, you need rules. And so....

1. ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS. NOT EVEN SPOILERS POSTED UNDER SPOILER TAGS. 

This rule also applies to other movies in theaters and films/shows recently released on streaming. So no Dungeons and Dragons spoilers, no Air spoilers, no Succession spoilers, etc. If you do spoil something here, you will be banned. No exceptions.

2. GOOD VIBES!

Big weekends like these are supposed to be fun. So don’t be a party pooper and ruin things for everybody. No matter what the film opens to, it's still gonna make bank and plenty of Nintendo excitement to come. So just enjoy the ride.

3. THE REPORT AND IGNORE BUTTONS ARE YOUR FRIENDS.

4. IS OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION OKAY?

Off-topic discussions are okay in situations where there's downtime and there aren't any numbers, so long as they don’t get heated. But when numbers are coming up and things are getting busy, then keep off-topic things down to the minimum.

And lastly...

5. DON'T BE A DICK.

So with that out of the way...

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO

mario-dance.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LET'S DO THIS SHIT

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

Yep. I don't see what could challenge it. Guardians 3 (the tracking thread doesn't inspire confidence). Maybe Indiana Jones

Yup Indy or MiP somehow expands after decades and pulls the Maverick crowd.

13 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Yep. I don't see what could challenge it. Guardians 3 (the tracking thread doesn't inspire confidence). Maybe Indiana Jones

Depends on a lot of course, but I still think Little Mermaid has potential, which I'm sure will lead to very measured and mature responses here. At the very least, I think it can get close to Mario.

Just now, Eric is Gay for Bowser said:

Depends on a lot of course, but I still think Little Mermaid has potential, which I'm sure will lead to very measured and mature responses here. At the very least, I think it can get close to Mario.

Yeah, Little Mermaid is the only wildcard I can think of to challenge it. I think it looks pretty awful, but never underestimate the nostalgia drug