kayumanggi

OPPENHEIMER | 642.6M overseas | 972.4M worldwide

8 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Indeed. It's also bigger WW than last several Disney movies save MOM. Its OS alone is bigger than Mermaid WW for example which just shows that well-made movie for adults can completely mog a ho-hum family entertainment. Hollywood should take more reasonably budgeted quality risks like this and Barbie and make far less obscenely expensive cashgrabs.

We all know that they are just going to end up taking the wrong lessons from the success of Barbieheimer.

7 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

IMAX

$181.2M Global Cume (WKend $1.3M) in 817 SC

China - $740K WKend / $17M Total

IMAX will be dead next WKend in China as 4 x New Films release on National Holidays in 740 SC.

Sad. That will probably greatly affect its numbers.

Edited by eeetooki
Add

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Looking at those numbers, do you think Oppenheimer would have grossed over $900M WW had it opened in a different date than Barbie? Did all the extra publicity help, or was IMAX the push it needed?

Come on be serious.

It’s unpopular to say cause it’s insulting to big daddy Nolan but both Barbie and IMAX carried it hard lol.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 1:54 PM, Valencia said:

Come on be serious.

It’s unpopular to say cause it’s insulting to big daddy Nolan but both Barbie and IMAX carried it hard lol.

Big daddy Nolan sold Dunkirk for 500+ $mln WW and almost 240 $mln in USA alone, if we will count the inflation factor. So, Barbienheimer and IMAX just a tasty cherry on a top of big cake. I don't think if Oppy had made 600-700 $mln WW, someone has been upset.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1

It's official. Oppenheimer won't be screened in Japan.

Reason - 

1. IMAX Japan says that they aren't confident enough to ensure the safety and security of audiences.

2. During #Barbenheimer Constroversy, Universal-Warner Bros opened a back channel door. I haven't received the full talk but WB said that releasing Oppenheimer is "fatal"

3. Confirming pt. 1, IMAX Schedule are fully booked for the year. (Until March 2024)

4. With IMAX Japan pulling back, Universal no more wanted with continue talks regarding the possible theatrical window.

5. There are currently spectations and rumours about possibly switching into BD/DVD release (which can be confirmed only after American Release)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Reason - 

1. IMAX Japan says that they aren't confident enough to ensure the safety and security of audiences.

2. During #Barbenheimer Constroversy, Universal-Warner Bros opened a back channel door. I haven't received the full talk but WB said that releasing Oppenheimer is "fatal"

3. Confirming pt. 1, IMAX Schedule are fully booked for the year. (Until March 2024)

4. With IMAX Japan pulling back, Universal no more wanted with continue talks regarding the possible theatrical window.

5. There are currently spectations and rumours about possibly switching into BD/DVD release (which can be confirmed only after American Release)

It's expected but I am curious about the concern with safety. Is it because people will protest? Or?

20 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

It's expected but I am curious about the concern with safety. Is it because people will protest? Or?

The film has some psychological impact among viewers in Test Screenings. So far, 16 were conducted, all went unsuccessful. Though it must be the noted that there weren't any comments regarding the film being demonstration of American Military Power (which was the original disagreement earlier in June)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

The film has some psychological impact among viewers in Test Screenings. So far, 16 were conducted, all went unsuccessful. Though it must be the noted that there weren't any comments regarding the film being demonstration of American Military Power (which was the original disagreement earlier in June)

Ops I already answered to your other comment on the Japan page, in that case I understand not releasing it

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:53 PM, Issac Newton said:

Reason - 

I tended to disagree about it. There's no official confirmation from distributor Toho-Towa (who distribute Universal films in the country, not WB) about whether the film's theatrical release in Japan may be happen or not. Second, usually Japanese theatrical release of foreign films takes a month or years after American's theatrical release date, and is not weird for films like John Rabe (who had Japanese subject about Nanking Massacre) released in 2009 in the US, only released in Japan 5 years later in 2014. Third, audiences scare about the film was only fuelled by mainstream media scare about the film, which made IMAX Japan needs to be careful about it because mainstream media negative reaction of the film is not really impacted how social media user's in Japan are pouring excitement of Oppenheimer.

IMO, the cancellation of film theatrical release in Japan is just a rumour, and may be eventually released in the country, just need to wait another year to see dream come true, like John Rabe does. Oppenheimer may be screened and released in Japan during a film festivals held in the country.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Han134 said:

There's no official confirmation from distributor Toho-Towa (who distribute Universal films in the country, not WB) about whether the film's theatrical release in Japan may be happen or not.

Because Toho-Towa is not the distributor of "Oppenheimer". Though, as you mention Toho-Towa, distribute Universal films in the country, Universal hasn't assigned the film to neither Toho-Towa nor any other parties in Japan.

F37-Iz-ISbk-AA5l-Ho.jpg

not WB

Anyways, this claim was confusing, I never wrote anywhere that fate of Oppenheimer is decided by Warner Bros. 

is not weird for films like John Rabe (who had Japanese subject about Nanking Massacre) released in 2009 in the US, only released in Japan 5 years later in 2014

Yeah, like it happen 5 years later then, people will just prefer to buy BD (I have seen that Amazon UK has already listed and some users are already deciding to buy those BD which cost £49 (incl. shipping charges)

Edited by Issac Newton