kayumanggi

OPPENHEIMER | 644.2M overseas | 974.1M worldwide

9 hours ago, Zamor said:

ITALY

Tuesday

€1.5m / 200k adm

Tot. 7 days €11.7m / 1.5m adm

vs Barbie 7 days €12.7

This is nuts considering its late summer in Italy. At the pace its going, its going to be close to $20m USD by this Sunday !!! Italy+Greece is looking at 30m+ and so has over performed like most of Europe. Guarantees 900m+ WW with mediocre China run. 

On China it has been very PS centric but mediocre growth in shows as well. But WOM from Maoyan is way better than Korea. So potential of a good run is still there. Let us see how the weekend trend is before projecting its overall run. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is nuts considering its late summer in Italy. At the pace its going, its going to be close to $20m USD by this Sunday !!! Italy+Greece is looking at 30m+ and so has over performed like most of Europe. Guarantees 900m+ WW with mediocre China run. 

On China it has been very PS centric but mediocre growth in shows as well. But WOM from Maoyan is way better than Korea. So potential of a good run is still there. Let us see how the weekend trend is before projecting its overall run. 

Lol, I saw that 120M tweet, based on nothing. I still think 50-60M, given what it is, would be great for China and would put it in a good position to take down Bohemian Rhapsody.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 11:50 PM, reddevil19 said:

50 million in China would be a pretty good result given the type of movie it is. It also means it should get past Bohemian Rhapsody, (and past Fast X OS), which is all I care about now haha.

50m would make China the only major market in release where Oppy gross below Tenet. $50m is big for biopic but after months of overperformance in every markets, this number does look boring in comparison. Remind me of ATSV which China again be the sole major market that ATSV made less money than the original.    

Still, given the WOM, I don't rule out the possibility of Oppy outgrossing Tenet eventually in China but I must say OD was a bit mid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

50m would make China the only major market in release where Oppy gross below Tenet. $50m is big for biopic but after months of overperformance in every markets, this number does look boring in comparison. Remind me of ATSV which China again be the sole major market that ATSV made less money than the original.    

Still, given the WOM, I don't rule out the possibility of Oppy outgrossing Tenet eventually in China but I must say OD was a bit mid. 

It's very difficult to compare the two, though. And when you look at China overall for Hollywood, with this type of movie as well... I would be over the moon with 50-60 million.

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

This is middle of the week release and I think Saturday BO will be better indicator of where the movie will end up at. I am cautiously optimistic looking at Maoyan rating. 

Deadline: Through Tuesday, its global gross is $788.9M with $487.7M from the international box office. The latter puts it ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 as the No. 4 Hollywood title of the year overseas. To date, Oppenheimer is the biggest Nolan film of all time in 56 offshore markets.

The Top 5 through Tuesday are: the UK ($68.4M), Germany ($43.5M), France ($38.1M), Australia ($24.6M) and Spain ($20M).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

It's very difficult to compare the two, though. And when you look at China overall for Hollywood, with this type of movie as well... I would be over the moon with 50-60 million.

Yeah,every hollywood mivie could do only 30% of its could done in 2019,time different

Edited by Sophia Jane

Deadline:  Looking at estimates for the full weekend at the international box office, Oppenheimer is expected to earn $49M, lifting the offshore cume to $542M.  4th biggest Hollywood film of 2023 overseas and Nolan’s best in 58 markets.

Through Friday, its offshore gross is $513.9M for $816.9M global. The Top 5 overseas hubs through yesterday are the UK ($69.7M), Germany ($44.6M), France ($38.7M), Australia ($24.8M) and Spain ($20.3M).

Lol. 600 million+ overseas for a 3 hour historical drama. If LATAM had done a bit better, this would have had a billion in its sights. European markets have really delivered for this.

Is it too much to hope China legs are good enough for 70-80 million and Japan comes up with a late surprise performance to hit that billion? Haha

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Lol. 600 million+ overseas for a 3 hour historical drama. If LATAM had done a bit better, this would have had a billion in its sights. European markets have really delivered for this.

Is it too much to hope China legs are good enough for 70-80 million and Japan comes up with a late surprise performance to hit that billion? Haha

Japan pushing it to $1B? :sparta: