Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Friday #s: Mario 14.1, Evil Dead 10.3, Covenant 2.25, John Wick 1.6, Air 1.4

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

increased as well

I still think this is a "win" for this movie given how non-existent the buzz was and how stiff the competition was. 5 years ago this would be seen as a major flop, but it still managed to out-open "action dramas" like Thank You For Your Service and Only the Brave (which I still contend is one of the most underrated movies of the last 10 years).

25 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I think Mario's 600m is now a done deal statistically. Never a movie got >50m in 3rd weekend failed to reach 600m. 

Yep, this movie is so TGM with the way it just blazes past estimates every time. Amazing legs for its whole run are a virtual lock at this point. 

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I still think this is a "win" for this movie given how non-existent the buzz was and how stiff the competition was. 5 years ago this would be seen as a major flop, but it still managed to out-open "action dramas" like Thank You For Your Service and Only the Brave (which I still contend is one of the most underrated movies of the last 10 years).

I agree, if not only for that reported 55M budget.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Astonished 1

46 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Mario getting 4 weeks of zero competation is insane, and an important key to its breakout. No animated film is going to get that any time soon.

This is a great time to release them. Last big movie of the Mar/Apr time frame. Let us see what happens next year. Would Disney try to grab that frame or would Universal would keep putting out big movies every spring.