Bottoms (2023)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

I'm not quite sure it deserves the status of a new comedy classic, but this is an often very funny take on the teen movie through a 2020s lens. There's really something here for everyone: a scene-stealing performance from former football star Marshawn Lynch, a major role for Cindy Crawford's daughter, streaming hunk of the moment Nicholas Galitzine going full himbo, hilarious sight gags and jokes that aren't afraid to go to some truly dark places (that one troubled kid going all "that does it" and writing in his notebook that he plans to blow up the school :lol:), the best use ever of Avril Lavigne's "Complicated," and a doozy of a climax set on a football field that needs to be seen to be believed. Rachel Sennott (who also co-wrote) and Ayo Edebiri continue to expand on their promise from previous performances while making for an entirely believable pair of best friends. Expect a smart, witty (and LGBTQ-friendly!) time at the movies. B+

• Like 1

Really enjoyed it. Laughed all the way through and it had an emotional touch to it. And it kept me on edge as I was never sure where the film was going to go next. Also absolutely banging soundtrack, was surprised to see Charlie XCX in the credits. Hope she gets involved with more films.

Edited by Avatree