filmlover

Wolfs | 9/20/2024 | Apple | George Clooney, Brad Pitt | Jon Watts directs | Now a limited release

I don't see how it really is better tbh, beyond trying to maintain the ideology of "theatrical = better, real movies". If it means people are momentarily unsure about the release pattern when opening the thread, they can look it up. Right now it's just more work for the mods and more work for people who are looking to find a movie's thread to dig it up again after a lull in news updates.

1 minute ago, justnumbers said:

Nah keep them separated. I don't wanna get sick or see a line of movies that won't have anything to do with Box Office. In Box Office Theory.

Well, you ought to get used to it. This is the reality of the entertainment industry now that not every movie's success/failure is defined by theatrical grosses. But much like box office, only the cream of streaming successes will rise to the top of internet discourse. If you don't have an interest in talking about a movie you don't have to open its thread.

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Well, you ought to get used to it. This is the reality of the entertainment industry now that not every movie's success/failure is defined by theatrical grosses. But much like box office, only the cream of streaming successes will rise to the top of internet discourse. If you don't have an interest in talking about a movie you don't have to open its thread.

Unless you're just an absolute beginner, you know there is a streaming section. If people don't go there is because they don't care. What, do you also want to put every shitty movie these streamers develop on "On the Lot"? Do you want to create Netflix movies viewership clubs?

A streaming movie success or not is still pointless to the main forum.  That's why there's a streaming section.

Edited by justnumbers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

Unless you're just an absolute beginner, you know there is a streaming section. If people don't go there is because they don't care. What, do you also want to put every shitty movie these streamers develop on "On the Lot"? Do you want to create Netflix movies viewership clubs?

We don't create threads for every movie that gets released in theaters either. Stuff like Happy Gilmore 2 or BHC4 I think probably would get a decent amount more attention though if they were in this forum. Not active passionate interest but passive interest if they are reminded that the movie exists.

Edited by AniNate

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We're about to find out if this was ultimately abandoned in a few hours because it stinks and would've flopped at the box office (or just would've flopped anyway) regardless.

Does it have a review embargo? When is it lifted?

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

When the movie starts, I believe. That's usually how it goes at the festivals.

But when does the movie start? I believe they won't have a red carpet premiere for this movie. I see no photos and it should have started by now

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

But when does the movie start? I believe they won't have a red carpet premiere for this movie. I see no photos and it should have started by now

Pitt and Clooney are there so it is. The director won't be due to catching COVID though.

Venice Film Festival welcomes Pitt and Clooney, and their new film 'Wolfs'

It appears the movie starts within the next hour.

• Like 1

Just now, TomThomas said:

Doesn't it already have reactions on letterboxd? I saw them hours ago. Decent reviews with a bunch of bad ones that criticize Watts for being Watts.

Let's wait for official reviews. Babygirl had many bad reviews on Letterboxd, but it's doing amazing with critics.

• Like 1