Eric Quinn

Han and Eric's Doom and Gloom/Controversial Predictions of 2024

On 12/27/2023 at 5:25 AM, WrathOfHan said:

Kung Fu Panda 4: Dreamworks sequels as of late haven't quite been struggling but are not generating enough buzz and interest as the studio did even a decade ago. Having been 8 years since the last Kung Fu Panda, its prospects are a bit unpredictable. The franchise has historically seen diminishing returns domestically in favor of higher international skews, which I expect continue. Older audience turnout will make or break the gross, especially if a newer Dreamworks franchise like Trolls is inching across 100M. I just don't think the nostalgia is there for another installment. 20/80 (4x)

On 12/27/2023 at 6:11 AM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I have to agree with that Kung Fu Panda 4 prediction. That trailer did absolutely nothing for me, and Mike Mitchell's journeyman nature won't help it at all. Had the early rumours about the Puss 2 team handling it been true it would've stood a chance.

On 12/29/2023 at 11:43 PM, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Are folks really expecting Kung Fu Panda to break out? It has a Netflix steaming show for years with Jack Black as the voice of Po. Why go to theaters when you can watch the show at home for free?

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:
laughing-rofl.gif

And we’ve been told there were no hype, interest nor excitement for a KFP sequel and that it wasn’t going to do any well box office-speaking. And boy…did that age well, ROFL!!! :rofl:

Guess it’s time for doubters to eat crow and enjoy the taste! 🐦

But in all seriousness though, I am genuinely happy about the film and that it did pretty well at the box office, and I had a blast with it. And DOM-wise, we have a KFP sequel that FINALLY increased over a predecessor. 💁🏻‍♀️👍🏻🙆🏻‍♀️🥳

Kung Fu Panda 4

DOMESTIC (35,3 %)
$193,590,620
INTERNATIONAL (64,7 %)
$355,551,231
WORLDWIDE 
$549,141,851
  • Haha 1