kayumanggi

DESPICABLE ME IV | 224.4M overseas | 434.5M worldwide

Turning back to the holdover hits, DM4 is performing in line with Minions, above Minions 2, DM3 and DM2, at the same point excluding China. The Imax global cume is $18.3M.

It opened in China this weekend with $17.7M, the second biggest launch for the franchise and the biggest opening weekend for a Hollywood animation since 2020. The UK launched with $12.2M at No. 1 and performing over 2x DM, in line with DM2 and Minions: The Rise of Gru, and just off DM3 and Minions. Sunday was impacted by England playing in the Euro Cup final, but there are six weeks of school holidays ahead.

Germany started at No. 1 with $9.3M through Sunday. Including previews. DM4 is the top opener of 2024 and had the second biggest launch of the franchise (just behind Minions). The movie also landed the biggest Hollywood opening day of the year. France debuted with $8.7M from 904 screens at No.1 in the market, performing in line with DM2 and MTROG excluding previews.  In Mexico, the $24.2M running cume means DM4 has surpassed Despicable Me, Zootopia, Sing and Frozen‘s lifetimes.

Japan releases this week, followed by Korea on July 24 and Italy on August 21.

As previously mentioned, it is already the first animated franchise that hit 5bn WW

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

And then the only one left is Italy in August. Is 600M overseas still possible?

I don't think so at this rate with SK which seems low and Italy , i think more a 500M OS, around 830-850M WW

2 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

I don't think so at this rate with SK which seems low and Italy , i think more a 500M OS, around 830-850M WW

That's what I thought, but I can see 550M overseas.

• Like 1

Rise of Gru at the same point in time - in the exact same markets (except China) was at 270m OS.

If we add its first 10 days in China to reach an exact OS total:

270 + 18m = around 290m

Edited by WayneBorg
  • Like 2

Japan was new this session with the biggest studio opening of the year at $4.4M; above the three-day opening of MTROG and in line with three-day starts of DM3 and Minions.

In the top holdover markets, the UK added $7.1M at a clear No.1. China’s DM4 performance continues to be strong despite holding only 7% of showtimes. A $31.5M cume to date surpasses the lifetimes of SingMonsters UniversityToy Story 4 and Moana.

22 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I believe is Japan this week.

22 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

And then the only one left is Italy in August. Is 600M overseas still possible?

22 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Ah, Korea also.

And Greece:

• English-language version on August 15
  • Greek-language version on August 22
  • Like 1

DeadlineDespicable Me 4 crossed the six-century mark at the global box office this week, now with $632M through Thursday.

The running domestic cume is $277M while the international box office total currently stands at $355M.

The Top 5 overseas markets to date are: China ($36.2M), Mexico ($34.3M), UK ($$28.4M), Australia ($26.2M) and Brazil ($20.5M). 

• Like 2