AniNate

Freakier Friday | Lohan, Curtis and everyone else | Now in post-production, releases 2025

Freaky Friday 2 Officially A Go with Lindsay Lohan, Jamie Lee Curtis (hollywoodreporter.com)

The studio has tapped Nisha Ganatra, who last helmed episodes of Hulu mini-series Welcome to Chippendales, to direct a sequel to its 2003 family comedy Freaky Friday, giving the long-promised project momentum and putting it on track for a summer shoot in Los Angeles.

Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan, who starred in the original, are in negotiations to reprise their roles as the mother and daughter combo who find themselves switching bodies and lives.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

is there any indication whether this is going to theaters or Disney+?

if the budget is reasonable I'd say a theatrical release could potentially surprise again (as long as it's a good/fun script)

last time Production weekly listed this it had a mid-June shoot start date, which I suppose would match the cast announcement(s) now rolling out.. curious who they'll get for Anna/Lindsay's new love interest if it's supposed to be a British guy (she had pretty great chemistry with the British actor from her latest Netflix romcom tbh lol)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, justnumbers said:

I don't care if he's an ass. I don't hang out with him at 7/11.

The fact that he does occasionally get legit scoops just makes him more of an infuriating presence. It's those "kernels of truth" that get his big lies a lot more attention.

To be fair, I suppose people who are asses also would be the type to not care that their news sources are asses.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

This is coming together quickly so I assume they really are fast tracking it for next summer. Given that she's friends with JLC it would be cool if they got Jodie to be involved in this somehow.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

This is coming together quickly so I assume they really are fast tracking it for next summer. Given that she's friends with JLC it would be cool if they got Jodie to be involved in this somehow.

this Jamie post definitely left me wondering if a Jodie cameo might be possible: https://www.instagram.com/p/C59d7PkSQK2/

I'd love that, they should pull all the stops to make this an eventful release all the ingredients are there

• Like 1