The Wild Eric

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Β 

β€œSlap” my ass and call me Judy, thats a great number. 200 mill here we come

8 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

G2 has billy potential if its good.

"Good" is not enough for R rated billy, it needs to be as good or better than the original which is impossible.

I think people greatly overestimate Gladiator 2. It's Independence Day: Resurgence type of sequel and even ID:R had some actors from the original, G2 has more chance to gross 250-300 mln than a billion.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

17 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

Ridley and Russell it seems.

Uh Russell has nothing to do with this movie. In fact he has just said in interviews he has mixed feelings it's being made.

The gladiator trailer did play gangbusters at cinemacon. I know everything does but there still seemed to be a comparatively elevated level of enthusiasm, so I'm reserving any judgment until that actually goes public

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate

8 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Uh Russell has nothing to do with this movie. In fact he has just said in interviews he has mixed feelings it's being made.

*With this version of the movie. Take a look at the project's history which dates back to the original's release, he pushed for Clash of Titans type of sequel with resurrected Maximus, afterlife and Roman Gods. They also considered The Godfather 2-like sequel/prequel to bring him back early on. Russell was one of the driving forces behind making this unnecessary sequel from the get-go, the only reason he's unhappy now is because he's not in it. And he's not in it because he got fat and lost his A-list star status after a bunch of flops.

Edited by TomThomas

People are writing off Gladiator 2 too quickly. It’s got a good date and can serve as good counter programming to Moana and Wicked. Granted quality is always a big question mark with Ridley these days.Β 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AniNate said:

The gladiator trailer did play gangbusters at cinemacon. I know everything does but there still seemed to be a comparatively elevated level of enthusiasm, so I'm reserving any judgment until that actually goes public

Β 

Β 

Exactly. Been saying that. Can we wait till we see the trailer hits at least.Hopefully on the next week or so to go in front of QP Day One. Yes I don't trust Sir Ridley much anymore either. But he does seem to hit out of the park critically and commerically about every 7-10 years it seems soΒ  he is due. Since the Martian wasΒ  his last to do both. The Last Duel did well critically but people did not show up at all even though it did well on streaming I think.

Edited by emoviefan