The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread (6/21-23)

Always got to take those Deadline Mid Friday numbers with a grain of salt. Feel like BB ROD should go over 5 for the day and can not make heads or tails on their Bikeriders numbers. That would be a very frontloaded OD to preview number for a original non presold movie. As for IO 2 if if goes over 90 this weekend I have a hard time seeing it get knocked out of the number one spot next weekend. QP Day One would have to do 50+ for sure maybe even 55 or so. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Insomnia said:

I just realized we didn't see Rth this weekend. Where did he go? When I was still lurking I remember he would make an appearance every big weekend.

Tbf while IO2 overperformed expectations massively and is going to have a stellar DOM finish and even more monstrous os… the DOM ow wasn’t truly BIG big. Like 25th nominal and 60th adjusted, unlike say I2 was 8th nominal and 14th adjusted.   

The OS debuts were actual behemoth level in some markets but that can be a bit more hit or miss in terms of attracting Rth

Edited by Legion Again
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Selma said:

It is gonna beat Mario and becomes the 2nd  highest grossing animated movie After Frozen isnt it ?

It’s probably going to be the biggest animated movie of all time, DOM and WW (nominal)

3 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

It’s probably going to be the biggest animated movie of all time, DOM and WW (nominal)

If it Beats Frozen 2 i am happy but doubt it

Not to turn this into a whole debate about the summer box office, but I literally cannot imagine any other movie this summer topping what Inside Out 2 is doing right now. 

Deadpool and Wolverine may open bigger domestically, but it's probably not going to get to 600M+ domestically and even getting to $1B worldwide is kind of a long shot at this point (though possible). 

Heck, Despicable Me 4 could open as high as Despicable Me 2 did back in 2013 ($143M over 5 days), and that would still be far away from where Inside Out 2 is right now.