kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

24 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Thinking on deadpool a bit..... do DP 1&2 get retroactively included in the MCU when it comes to looking at stats? It's not terribly major but they would bring the MCU's total WW gross to a little under 32billion over the course of 36 movies.

I’ve been on the record of counting them as part of the MCU since 2016. So of course.

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

We needed Overseas to match Domestic and we would have had D&W following IO2 is beating Avengers and Furious 7 WW.

But sadly. 

Deadpool and Wolverine has always been huge, but not Avengers: Endgame huge. It could come close to NHW with a PG-13 rating, but it’s worth it for the flavor to have Deadpool as the rated R raunch comedy side of the MCU. 

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Deadpool and Wolverine has always been huge, but not Avengers: Endgame huge. It could come close to NHW with a PG-13 rating, but it’s worth it for the flavor to have Deadpool as the rated R raunch comedy side of the MCU. 

Didn't knew Endgame was the Avengers which shares the gross with Furious 7

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Didn't knew Endgame was the Avengers which shares the gross with Furious 7

My parameter is for example, Brazil. IO2 - to my actual surprise - is the second biggest opening of all time next only to Avengers: Endgame. That’s not only the power of Pixar as a brand and the first Inside Out, but also the PG rating.

PG rating isn't all great though, mostly because it leads to very family skewed audience, which means much lower ticket avg due to an abundance of kids tickets, like IO2 would've basically a 700M grosser if it had a more normal ticket price avg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cheddar Please said:

PG rating isn't all great though, mostly because it leads to very family skewed audience, which means much lower ticket avg due to an abundance of kids tickets, like IO2 would've basically a 700M grosser if it had a more normal ticket price avg

Yeah Incredibles 2 actually sold more than Last Jedi domestically despite grossing less

17 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

11/20ths of Endgame is enough to clear A1 and Furious 7

WHAT? i was talking about Deadpool beating Avengers had Overseas been as strong like Domestic.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

15 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

My parameter is for example, Brazil. IO2 - to my actual surprise - is the second biggest opening of all time next only to Avengers: Endgame. That’s not only the power of Pixar as a brand and the first Inside Out, but also the PG rating.

Again, so, how does this equate to Deadpool beating Avengers if Overseas was strong enough.

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

Who cares, i was talking about Deadpool beating Avengers had Overseas been as strong like Domestic.

My bad, didn’t mean to take away from your point. That said with the current ER that’s not possible without a stronger performance from China. I do think that Avengers changes things significantly in those territories though, even more so with RDJ’s return.

24 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Inside Out 3 will be 700 million - 1 billion domestic grosser in the next decade if we want to wait for 10 more years.

If Pixar decide to do IO3 this June 16, 2034, it could get 200+ million DOM opening weekend with a shot of reaching 30-40+ million on first Monday with Juneteenth holiday, which would beat Black Panther's 1st Monday box office numbers.

Edited by Migs20242
  • Like 1

If Avatar 3 released this year it might not have even made in the DOM top 2, certainly wouldn't have been top 2 in admits

Avatar has a ridiculously high ATP. IO2 and DPW will both sell more tickets than Avatar 2 domestically but neither will beat it in gross. Selling more tickets from Avatar 1 is incredibly hard, selling more tickets than Avatar 2 on the other hand isn't that hard.

And also Avatar 1 grossed 40% higher than TDK DOM despite being roughly identical in admits

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 2

For dead pool to beat JW it would need to start having better legs then it since they're so close already, but I feel like that's a pretty tough ask.

JW had more weeks of summer weekdays ahead of it and dead pools already probably going to be coming in around 10m under it comparing second weekends. Dead pool has less competition going forward though, so we'll see.

I think low 600s is pretty likely if deadpool gives us ~100m this weekend

26 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If Avatar 3 released this year it might not have even made in the DOM top 2, certainly wouldn't have been top 2 in admits

Avatar has a ridiculously high ATP. IO2 and DPW will both sell more tickets than Avatar 2 domestically but neither will beat it in gross. Selling more tickets from Avatar 1 is incredibly hard, selling more tickets than Avatar 2 on the other hand isn't that hard.

And also Avatar 1 grossed 40% higher than TDK DOM despite being roughly identical in admits

Comparing Ticket Sales in the 2000s is interesting cause once you factor in stuff like 3D/imax/kids tickets etc you find that Avatar, TDK, Spiderman, and Shrek 2 all came in pretty close

• Like 1

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

FTFY

I think the September competition (Beetlejuice, TF1, Wild Robot), will be too much to pass JW, but we'll see. If it holds better than TS4 it's possible.

2 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Comparing Ticket Sales in the 2000s is interesting cause once you factor in stuff like 3D/imax/kids tickets etc you find that Avatar, TDK, Spiderman, and Shrek 2 all came in pretty close

According to. . you know who it is ;)

TDK - 72M

Shrek 2 - 72M

Spider-Man - 70M

• Like 2