Water Bottle

CAYOM Magazine

Ridley Scott's Captiva Island Update

Today the studio decided to give an update on production of Captiva Island. Captiva Island is being directed by Ridley Scott who directed Vesta, (240M) The Seventh Seal (128.6M), Ice Bridge (55.5M), and Worlds Apart (276.9M). The details and plot of Captiva Island has been kept under tight secrecy. Here is a list of things that we do know about the film. 

1. The film is about 5 college students who head to Captiva Island, Florida on spring break and encounter a strange things. (Generic but maybe this will pull a Cabin in the Woods?)

2. Ridley leaked that the budget is around 50-60 million (very expensive for a horror film) and that the majority of the budget was spent on the final ~45-50 minutes of the film (Ahhhh I want to know what the ending is!!!)

3. The film's length is roughly over 2 hours. (Long for a horror film)

4. The film explores the division between science and the supernatural. (Intellectual horror? Nice)

5. When we asked Scott if the film is straight up horror, he said that the film is hard to define genre wise. He said it is really a mix of psychological thriller, supernatural horror, slasher horror, and science fiction. (Well this could be interesting!) 

6. The film is R rated for "strong bloody violence, disturbing and intense images, terror, some sexual content, and language." (Yeah...this screams horror movie..well just missing the nudity and drug usage in the rating :P )

7. The film has be boldly announced by O$corp Studios as an Oscar Contender! (Damn...they are serious about this film)

8. Scott said the film will be controversial and probably polarizing (That might hurt its Oscar chances but it worked for Society)

Captiva Island stars Alex Russell (Chronicle*), Xavier Samuels (Apocalypse/Salvation), Jason Dolley (Disney Channel star*), Kat Graham (Apocalypse/Salvation), Emma Roberts (The Chrysalids), and Lorna Raver (Drag Me to Hell*). 

*real life movie

Hey, now I've been to Captiva Island for real and haven't been terrorized by mythical forces of horror, so I doubt the scariness of your setting!!! :P

Also it's a very odd choice for Spring Break. People who go to Southwest Florida would choose Fort Meyers Beach, Bonita Beach, or the places just north of Naples, but both are chock full of people so a secluded horror setting wouldn't quite work.

Edited by 4815162342

Hey, now I've been to Captiva Island for real and haven't been terrorized by mythical forces of horror, so I doubt the scariness of your setting!!! :P

Also it's a very odd choice for Spring Break. People who go to Southwest Florida would choose Fort Meyers Beach, Bonita Beach, or the places just north of Naples, but both are chock full of people so a secluded horror setting wouldn't quite work.

I moved the location to Cabbage Key Island. I have been there and it is secluded but also really nice. 

HOURGLASS PICTURES PLANS PROFESSOR LAYTON TRILOGY

Based on the hit Nintendo games, Hourglass Pictures is adapting a series of three traditionally animated films based on the games, starting in the summer of Y8 with Professor Layton & The Curious Villiage. The film will be a mix of mystery, adventure, and British charm as Professor Layton and his assistant, Luke, investigate strange going-ons at a strange town in the UK countryside. The film's director has yet to be determined, and David Tennant has been cast as the main character, while Luke will be played by Asa Butterfield. Saoirse Ronan, Richard Armitage, Jean Dujardin, and Rachel Weisz are also slated to star in the film.

Edited by Spaghetti

The Following Characters have been confirmed to appear in Hand-Drawn Heroes. More will be acquired as time progresses, and we're busy trying to get the rights to Looney Tunes characters in the movie.

Popeye

Darkwing Duck

Hong Kong Phoey

Underdog

Tom & Jerry

Spongebob Squarepants

Felix The Cat

Speed Racer

Homer Simpson

Secret Squirrel

Scooby Doo

Rocko

Cosmo & Wanda

I'll actually take requests from who you guys want to see in this movie.

Edited by Spaghetti

The Following Characters have been confirmed to appear in Hand-Drawn Heroes. More will be acquired as time progresses, and we're busy trying to get the rights to Looney Tunes characters in the movie.

Popeye

Darkwing Duck

Hong Kong Phoey

Underdog

Tom & Jerry

Spongebob Squarepants

Felix The Cat

Speed Racer

Homer Simpson

Secret Squirrel

I'll actually take requests from who you guys want to see in this movie.

My childhood is reborn!

Posted Image

• Like 1