• POTC: Dead Mans Chest
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • POTC: On Stranger Tides
    • LOTR 3
    • Transformers 3
    • Titanic
    • Toy Story 3
    • Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

I think this should be in the Speakeasy and the title should be changed.If people can vote for more than one, I voted for anything I even remotely liked which meant I only left out AiW and TF3, then they should really be let known because most of the time they choose 1 and end. It's not really that fair I suppose.Anyway if I had to go with three they'd be Return of the King and Toy Story 3 for excellent finales and Dead Man's Chest for being one of my personal favourite blockbusters.Do also like the Avengers quite a bit. Avatar's overrated but I guess it deserves a humongous gross with the whole undertaking. Titanic as well, as does Deathly Hallows 2. The Dark Knight was overrated but I still liked it. I'm not sure why I also voted for OST since despite liking it, its production value showed how far the franchise has fallen. Money usage is terribly inefficient.

Titanic by far...No other movie even comes close to what that movie was... And what it still means to me.I've seen the movie probably 500+ times (6 of which back in April during the re-release) and never get bored and I'm always in awe of what James Cameron was able to accomplish.

Oh dear lord, I would volunteer for castration and any other form of torture before I would ever watch Titanic 500+ times. Just seeing the re-release again this past April reminded my why I hadn't watched it in nearly a decade. Such a chore.
  • Like 1

I think this should be in the Speakeasy and the title should be changed.If people can vote for more than one, I voted for anything I even remotely liked which meant I only left out AiW and TF3, then they should really be let known because most of the time they choose 1 and end. It's not really that fair I suppose.Anyway if I had to go with three they'd be Return of the King and Toy Story 3 for excellent finales and Dead Man's Chest for being one of my personal favourite blockbusters.Do also like the Avengers quite a bit. Avatar's overrated but I guess it deserves a humongous gross with the whole undertaking. Titanic as well, as does Deathly Hallows 2. The Dark Knight was overrated but I still liked it. I'm not sure why I also voted for OST since despite liking it, its production value showed how far the franchise has fallen. Money usage is terribly inefficient.

You should just go with your top three then.

Oh dear lord, I would volunteer for castration and any other form of torture before I would ever watch Titanic 500+ times. Just seeing the re-release again this past April reminded my why I hadn't watched it in nearly a decade. Such a chore.

But you gave it a B+ just a page ago.
  • Like 1

But you gave it a B+ just a page ago.

Because I appreciate certain aspects of the film like the overall scope. There are things that Cameron did that are definitely great about it. However overall it is nowhere near one of the all time classics, and it's a chore to sit through that I only need to see once a decade or so.

Because I appreciate certain aspects of the film like the overall scope. There are things that Cameron did that are definitely great about it. However overall it is nowhere near one of the all time classics, and it's a chore to sit through that I only need to see once a decade or so.

It is one of the all time classics, sweetie pie.

It isn't? Really?Titanic is one of the most beloved films of all time. Accept that and move on.

Point to me any place it's showed up on in the past decade of best films lists or discussions? Seriously find me one. It won its Academy Awards and has virtually never been recognized since. Unlike ROTK which pops up ANYTIME a discussion or list of best modern cinema shows up.

Point to me any place it's showed up on in the past decade of best films lists or discussions? Seriously find me one. It won its Academy Awards and has virtually never been recognized since. Unlike ROTK which pops up ANYTIME a discussion or list of best modern cinema shows up.

Public is what matters in terms of a film's longevity. If you're refusing to accept that fact, then I'll be genuinely shocked.

It's on the AFI's top 10 list of epics. ROTK features on none of the top 10 of genre lists.
  • Like 1

Public is what matters in terms of a film's longevity. If you're refusing to accept that fact, then I'll be genuinely shocked.

Gross isn't the be all, end all indicator of what the public's favorite movie is. Are you seriously gonna tell me that because Titanic is one of the all time highest grossers that means everyone who saw it must have loved it? You seriously can't be that naive Noctis can you? Gross is about a lot of other factors that just that. Titanic was a phenomenon of its time, everyone went to see it, even people that had no desire to and hated it. Just because more people saw it in the theater than say ROTK has nothing to do with which film is more beloved among people. There's PLENTY of evidence pointing to ROTK being the more beloved of the two among people as well. Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Not once did I mention gross, so don't twist my words, thank you very much.Whenever friends talk about favorite films, Titanic is mentioned infinitely more than RoTK. Which evidence? IMDB (LOL)? Nothing since Titanic has been more loved by the public. Sure, plenty of other people love other films way more or dislike Titanic, but if you were to go around asking every single person which of the two they prefer, you'd be batshit idiotic to say the majority would vote RoTK.