Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

You don't know. No movie opened on tuesday as far as i know. Dunno why it should be more of a hassle on tuesday than on wednesday or thursday.

Over here, both Transformers and TASM opened on a Tuesday (leading into a Wednesday before the fourth of July weekend). Their numbers were less than predicted.

Fake, you were right, it's gonna do less than ROTK worldwide or at the very best will match it, i think that much is clear by now. Congrats. Honestly, the movie disappointed me quite a bit so i don't care about its box office anymore.

Well it is too early to conclude if it will miss ROTK or not, but it certainly isn't touching Avengers.

Over here, both Transformers and TASM opened on a Tuesday (leading into a Wednesday before the fourth of July weekend). Their numbers were less than predicted.

Well, i disagree. Transformers was new, nobody knew what it's gonna do. And TASM's OD was by very far its biggest day. For a $260m movie, $35m is good.

Fake, you were right, it's gonna do less than ROTK worldwide or at the very best will match it, i think that much is clear by now. Congrats. Honestly, the movie disappointed me quite a bit so i don't care about its box office anymore.

Have all the OS markets opened already?

Except AUS and CHN, pretty much every market opened on wed or will open on thu. I base my conclusion on supposedly (i trust it the poster didn't just talk out of his ass) weaker than expected presales in UK and Germany and the fact that despite a decade of inflation and 3d it didn't top ROTK's OD in NZ.