Grade it  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Ghostbusters is often considered a comedy classic thanks to its unique premise and strong cast, but unfortunately, it simply lacks energy. The humor comes in short bits and only Ramis and Moranis are consistently funny. Murray leads the film relatively strongly, but he's much funnier in other films. The action scenes are alright, but the effects seem dated even for 1984. The chemistry of everyone is what makes it really work, but sadly, there aren't enough scenes where they're all together. Ghostbusters is the definition of a mixed bag, being a fun movie at points, but also a dull affair at others. C+

• Community Manager

I think I was expecting a far better film based on how fond people are of this movie and because of the controversy it's created recently over the reboot but while I thought it was moderately funny, very well made, and I liked it...I also didn't love it. Bill Murray really steals the movie by the way. The rest of the cast did fine but it was Bill Murray who got the best lines and who ultimately gave the movie some heart.

B

Watched this the other night for the 20th time (or so) and still loved it. Great pacing (shockingly short at only 100 minutes sans credits) and wonderful chemistry between the cast. The deadpan jokes also worked so well.

Dr Ray Stantz: Symmetrical book stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.

Dr. Peter Venkman: You're right, no *human being* would stack books like this.

****½/*****, (A, 9.2/10, 3.75/4)

• Like 1