01. 782,956 (1,921,793) $6.724 million (--) <Transformers: Age of Extinction> 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02. 81,693 (4,266,261) $652K (-66.7%) <Edge of tomorrow>

03. 78,055 (3,006,944) $627K (-50.5%) <A hard day>

04. 13,772 (273,176) $103K (-81.0%) <La Belle et la bete>

05. 9,862 (172,546) $76K (-70.7%) <The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared>

06. 7,432 (172,193) $58K (-75.8%) <Grace of Monaco

07. 5,023 (575,034) $40K (-88.2%) <For the emperor>

08. 4,277 (6,421) $29K (--) <Roco Kingdom: The desire of dragon>

09. 3,394 (290,366) $28K (-43.1%) <Her

10. 2,480 (30,737) $17K (-28.2%) <Heaven is for real>

Transformers: age of extinction cume: $15.79 million
Edge of Tomorrow Cume: $34.667 million 

Current presales

Transformers: Age of Extinction 79.8% (238,720
Edge of Tomorrow 5.6% (16,621) 
A hard day 4.1(12,263) 
Good friends 1.7% (5,218) 
La belle et la bete 1.1% (3,419) 
  • Like 3

South Korea Daily Box Office (06/28)-Admissions (total) gross (Drops from LW) title01. 782,956 (1,921,793) $6.724 million (--) <Transformers: Age of Extinction> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------02. 81,693 (4,266,261) $652K (-66.7%) <Edge of tomorrow>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------03. 78,055 (3,006,944) $627K (-50.5%) <A hard day>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------04. 13,772 (273,176) $103K (-81.0%) <La Belle et la bete>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------05. 9,862 (172,546) $76K (-70.7%) <The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------06. 7,432 (172,193) $58K (-75.8%) <Grace of Monaco

------------------------------------------------------------------------------07. 5,023 (575,034) $40K (-88.2%) <For the emperor>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------08. 4,277 (6,421) $29K (--) <Roco Kingdom: The desire of dragon>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------09. 3,394 (290,366) $28K (-43.1%) <Her

------------------------------------------------------------------------------10. 2,480 (30,737) $17K (-28.2%) <Heaven is for real>

Transformers: age of extinction cume: $15.79 millionEdge of Tomorrow Cume: $34.667 million 

Current presales

Transformers: Age of Extinction 79.8% (238,720Edge of Tomorrow 5.6% (16,621) A hard day 4.1(12,263) 

Good friends 1.7% (5,218) 

La belle et la bete 1.1% (3,419) 

Now that's more like it for Transformers 4! Sad about EoT drop though. :*(

Not really. Saturday admissions for TF3 and TF2 was 956,500 and 915,311 respectively It's down a lot from both. 

Oh...i see....Is there any chance in the coming weeks TF4's Screens decrease or EoT screens Increase...?I mean i really want EoT should Pass 450000+ admissions and around $36-37million Cum....

Oh...i see....Is there any chance in the coming weeks TF4's Screens decrease or EoT screens Increase...?I mean i really want EoT should Pass 450000+ admissions and around $36-37million Cum....

TF4 screen count will decrease next week for sure but whether they give them back to EoT is another matter. There are 2 local movies out next week so they should pick up most of the screens that TF4 loses. 4.5 million admissions can still happen with a decent hold, like 20k+ admissions for weekdays next week and double that for weekends as long as it keeps most of it's screens and showtimes. 

• Like 1

Okay...thanks...;)Now watching two back to back korean movies...Howling and The Suspect...Both are awesome..... ;)

<The suspect> is okay but <howling> is not so good :( Song Kang-ho couldn't save it 

<The suspect> is okay but <howling> is not so good :( Song Kang-ho couldn't save it 

Oh...howling is flop huh...?anyway i liked his acting...i am a huge fan of Byong Hun lee and choi min sik...watched atleast 5 times both I saw the Devil and Bittersweet life...:)...Who is the biggest korean star interms of starpower n box office?

• Like 1

Oh...howling is flop huh...?anyway i liked his acting...i am a huge fan of Byong Hun lee and choi min sik...watched atleast 5 times both I saw the Devil and Bittersweet life... :)...Who is the biggest korean star interms of starpower n box office?

Undoubtedly Song-Kang ho. Just last year he starred in 3 movies <Face Reader> <Snow-piercer> and <The Attorney> totalling 29,860,536 admissions or 23.5% of the total box office for local films of the year 2013. His mainstream films are generally seen as must-see events and get wide coverage in the media. 

• Like 2

I too like sang kang ho.....Almost watched all of his film...heard good things about The Attorney...here waiting for Bluray....The only reason i like Byong hun lee more than him is,Byong is very good action star...loved the IRIS series...thanks for your info guy...;)IS kim ki duk's films doing great there huh?Here he is a respected name among movie lovers...

IS kim ki duk's films doing great there huh?Here he is a respected name among movie lovers...

Kim Ki duk is at a point now where he threatens to not even release his films in Korea anymore as they will undoubtedly bomb like nothing else. He is pretty hated by the KOrean general audience for his subject matters and filmmaking style (Spring Summer... and 3 iron being the only possible exceptions).

His films make their money in Italy and france, not Korea. (I am not completely up to date on him though so if Pieta shifted general opinion on him please correct me.

• Like 2

Kim Ki duk is at a point now where he threatens to not even release his films in Korea anymore as they will undoubtedly bomb like nothing else. He is pretty hated by the KOrean general audience for his subject matters and filmmaking style (Spring Summer... and 3 iron being the only possible exceptions).

His films make their money in Italy and france, not Korea. (I am not completely up to date on him though so if Pieta shifted general opinion on him please correct me.

No offense friend.....As a movie freak i heard lot abt kim ki duk from past years in indian movie forums.after that watched almost all of his work..He is respected here like Lars Von Trier of Asia..Recently he visited India..I do like his screenplay and complicated yet controversial plot...there is not much of directers making films in this style...I am not wondered that he hated by korean audience...anyway he is one of the talented filmmakers with unique style...;)

No offense friend.....As a movie freak i heard lot abt kim ki duk from past years in indian movie forums.after that watched almost all of his work..He is respected here like Lars Von Trier of Asia..Recently he visited India..I do like his screenplay and complicated yet controversial plot...there is not much of directers making films in this style...I am not wondered that he hated by korean audience...anyway he is one of the talented filmmakers with unique style... ;)

I'm not Korean, I just live here :) Kim's films are just enjoyed more by the European Arthouse cinephile audience than the Korean one. I can understand both views to be honest as some of his films are tremendously well made and have interesting themes.

On the flip side they also can be extremely difficult to watch for enjoyment's sake and the implied role of women in some of his films can also be seen as being very questionable indeed. (Samritan Girl and Bad Man being the two films that quickest spring to mind personally)

• Like 1

Yet to watch Bad Man...Samaritan girl....hmmm....i know your feelings.....Like i said He is a director Like Lors Von Trier....Do you watched any of his movies?If you watched then you can understand what i said....You are absolutely right about that extremely diffucult to watch his film...and of course his fims are arthouse not commercial...I like both arthose and commercial movies...Like me there is tons of people who likes arthouse movies...but my question is how many people direct these kind of movies?you cannot count more than 20 names...that's the speciality about him...and i am happy that u r agreed some of his films are well made... :)