diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Snowpiercer, they have reason to wait it so much?

I could be very wrong, but I think it has a genuine shot at breaking every record there is in Korea next month.

It's Korea's most popular directer teaming up with its most popular actor and adding Chris Evan, John Hurt, Ed harris, Jamie Bell and Tilda Swinton into the mix at a budget that is at Avatar level for a Korean film.

To put it into perspective, this monstrosity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GQ07VZdnDA

Was able to become the 5th biggest film in Korean history (it's still 9th now) just because it used English and some Hollywood money. So Snowpiercer must be locked for 10million admissions, maybe could even say 12 is the low end.

• Like 1

I'm hopefully going to see it on Saturday if there are tickets

Hope you will like the movie :)I have a question, in SK, between Song Kang Ho and Choi Min Sik, who would you say is more popular?

I could be very wrong, but I think it has a genuine shot at breaking every record there is in Korea next month.

It's Korea's most popular directer teaming up with its most popular actor and adding Chris Evan, John Hurt, Ed harris, Jamie Bell and Tilda Swinton into the mix at a budget that is at Avatar level for a Korean film.

To put it into perspective, this monstrosity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GQ07VZdnDA

Was able to become the 5th biggest film in Korean history (it's still 9th now) just because it used English and some Hollywood money. So Snowpiercer must be locked for 10million admissions, maybe could even say 12 is the low end.

That would be unbelievable :o

Wednesday:

Snowpiercer(previews):410,287/428,190

The Terror Live:211,111/338,372

Turbo:119,759/906,944

Red 2:53,281/2,509,127

Smurfs 2(previews):50,212/51,988

Wolverine:21,807/958,656

Edited by efialtes76

Ratings at Naver.com:

Turbo:9.12/10(664 votes)

The Terror Live:8.61/10(1,164 votes)

Cold Eyes:8.05/10(11,137 votes)

Red 2:8.03/10(4.336 votes)

Snowpiercer:7.73/10(674 votes)

Wolverine:6.93/10(4,471 votes)

Edited by efialtes76

Go Snowpiercer! I hope it breaks OW record or something. The previews number is great!

It's going to kill.

I looked at the 6 screen cinema I'm possibly going to see it at. Snowpiercer is on 2 sometimes 3 screens. The terror on another 2 and Red is the only Hollywood film choice available with 2 shows all day.

Looking at another 6 screen cinema, it gets 4 screens! Wolverine gets 1 show all day.

I look at another 8 screen cinema, it gets 4 screens, Terror gets 2, Red gets one all day and Wolverine gets two showings, the final one at 12:15pm (lunchtime)

And this is all for Saturday

Apart from the Terror (and Red a little bit) everything is dead in the water

• Like 1

It's going to kill.

I looked at the 6 screen cinema I'm possibly going to see it at. Snowpiercer is on 2 sometimes 3 screens. The terror on another 2 and Red is the only Hollywood film choice available with 2 shows all day.

Looking at another 6 screen cinema, it gets 4 screens! Wolverine gets 1 show all day.

I look at another 8 screen cinema, it gets 4 screens, Terror gets 2, Red gets one all day and Wolverine gets two showings, the final one at 12:15pm (lunchtime)

And this is all for Saturday

Apart from the Terror (and Red a little bit) everything is dead in the water

Turbo is doing great!

It's going to kill.I looked at the 6 screen cinema I'm possibly going to see it at. Snowpiercer is on 2 sometimes 3 screens. The terror on another 2 and Red is the only Hollywood film choice available with 2 shows all day.Looking at another 6 screen cinema, it gets 4 screens! Wolverine gets 1 show all day.I look at another 8 screen cinema, it gets 4 screens, Terror gets 2, Red gets one all day and Wolverine gets two showings, the final one at 12:15pm (lunchtime)And this is all for SaturdayApart from the Terror (and Red a little bit) everything is dead in the water

That's awesome! :wub:What's the OW record in SK btw?But why the early rating on Naver already in the 7 range? :( I hope the movie doesn't disappoint.

Yes when I look deeper into the bigger multiplexes where young kids are more likely to be taken Turbo starts to pop up a fair bit.

Especially for 3 and 4D shows.

I sadly feel that Wolverine is about to die badly though.

That's awesome! :wub:What's the OW record in SK btw?But why the early rating on Naver already in the 7 range? :( I hope the movie doesn't disappoint.

I know it just missed out on (local) opening day record by about 80k.

The record for any single day is 900k, but I don't know about the whole weekend.

The 7 may be because there was more English than people were happy with or because its disappointing or 'boring' or anything.Hopefully I can let you know in a few days :)

• Like 1

Yes when I look deeper into the bigger multiplexes where young kids are more likely to be taken Turbo starts to pop up a fair bit.Especially for 3 and 4D shows.I sadly feel that Wolverine is about to die badly though.

Turbo doing well is not a surprise really, it's summer, parents will want to take kids to see some animated movies.Besides, there hasn't been a single kid movie in months, which baffles me as to why DM2 and MU not scheduled for summer months to take advantage.

I assume they may be waiting for Chuseok as we get a 5 day holiday this year which is a rare piece of loveliness.

Also there is still a quota system in place here even if it isnt quite as bad as the Chinese one